Stingray Needs SAVING!!

Pazzoman

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2009
New York
If anyone here has a large enough tank and would like a sting ray, please purchase a specific ray. Well after I switched out my freshwater tank to salt I needed to buy supplies. As always I look at thier live stock such as fish. I came across a large motoro sting ray about 18 inchs in disc size...tellin you this is a moonster and I will take a pic of it tomorrow. Sadly it's in a 10 GALLON TANK!!!!!!!! Stupid lfs owners sometimes.... This ray nhas been in that tank for the past few weeks. It has a large tail which means it's been eatting and it';s very active. If you can purchase this poor ray please go to Petland Discounts in Bay Plaza New York City. I'm going tomorrow to purchase some items and will take some pics....once again if you have the room you will be doing a favor for this poor ray...

vaine111

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2009
Metro-Detroit
Thats BS. Have you complained to the store owner/manager?
I'd tell him what I was there to purchase and after seeing that ray like that I am not going to now and will take my business elsewhere.

Pazzoman

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2009
New York
Thats exactly what I would say, but I'm kinda close to the workers thier...I hope someone can take it because first they had a small 4in disc size ray in thier and I under stood it was to be sold and it was common for them to be sold in small tank at an lfs. This sting ray should be in at least a 90 gallon at an lfs and at someones house about 300...poor ray I would have purchased it for my previous freshwater 72 gallon, but that still woudn't be enough.....

alexx-w

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2010
wood dale IL
Pazzoman;4029438; said:
Thats exactly what I would say, but I'm kinda close to the workers thier...I hope someone can take it because first they had a small 4in disc size ray in thier and I under stood it was to be sold and it was common for them to be sold in small tank at an lfs. This sting ray should be in at least a 90 gallon at an lfs and at someones house about 300...poor ray I would have purchased it for my previous freshwater 72 gallon, but that still woudn't be enough.....
thats not cool at all, at my lfs they have one ray per 90 gallon, thats how it should be done and thats still to small!

Pazzoman

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2009
New York
Well tomorrow I hope someone purchased the ray, if not I put up some pics on mfk to see what people sometimes due to fish...:(

vaine111

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2009
Metro-Detroit
Well I previously posted their phone number but took it off cause I thought it was the wrong one... But I think I will do it anyway...

If anyone would like to voice their concern please call Petland Discounts, Inc. 718.379.8385:D

apriliarider15

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Utah
Probably best to not buy the ray or any other fish from there. If you purchase that ray from them and they're making a profit. They will order more in. So its a lose - lose situation. The best thing you can do is let the ray die on them so they don't think it's a "hot selling item".

HTH, Josh

yayfish24

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2008
Lancaster PA
apriliarider15;4030315; said:
Probably best to not buy the ray or any other fish from there. If you purchase that ray from them and they're making a profit. They will order more in. So its a lose - lose situation. The best thing you can do is let the ray die on them so they don't think it's a "hot selling item".

HTH, Josh

I agree but at the same time dont. Someone should save him. :(

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store