Need ray terms in Spanish please! (Now with celebrity pics!)

Zoodiver

As seen on TV
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
South FL
Short version is I'm doing live TV tomorrow morning with a couple of stingrays to promote our new interactive ray pool. But it's on two Spanish speaking stations.

Can someone help me out getting the coorect words to describe basic ray facts/body parts? So many of the words propbably aren't directly translated...

Things like disc, wings, barb or stinger, grinding plates (ray teeth)... you get the idea.

Thanks in advance.

(Oh, it's gonna be live in Miami tomorrow morning...not sure what stations, I just need to show up at 4AM to haul animals to the studio).

Nate77

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2006
Manheim PA
They aren't supplying a translator? Or They can't convert spanish to english with equip?Shoot me a pm

ortiz_02

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2009
Arizona
Zoodiver;4031066; said:
Things like disc, wings, barb or stinger, grinding plates (ray teeth)... you get the idea.

Disc = Disco-singular___Discos-plural
Wing = Aleta-singular___Aletas-plutal
Stinger = Ponsoña
Sting Ray = Mantarralla
Sting Ray teeth = Dientes de Mantarralla

I hope this works

Gr8KarmaSF

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank
bump

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
theres about 100 different spanish variants so it is tough to translate correctly...every contry speak alittle diff... mexican spanish is most commonly used, but they have some diff words then say in el salvador or honduras...they most likly will dub it into spanish and chuckle as you try to speak the little you will be told...my wife is from el salvador...i understand spanish, just can't speak it real well...you will most likly be on uni-vison or telemundo...

fastfreddy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2005
Over here.
I think it's awesome you're gonna be on television. Maybe you can post a link once it airs. Once again I have to say you're a lucky man. You have the coolest job Zoodiver.

:headbang2:headbang2:headbang2

Zoodiver

As seen on TV
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
South FL
ortiz_02;4031131; said:
Disc = Disco-singular___Discos-plural
Wing = Aleta-singular___Aletas-plutal
Stinger = Ponsoña
Sting Ray = Mantarralla
Sting Ray teeth = Dientes de Mantarralla

I hope this works

Thanks, this is kind of what I was looking for.

I'm off to the studio right now. I'll report back this afternoon and post a link as soon as I have one. For what it's worth, I'm not the one doing the talking this time (thankfully). I just have to get the rays there and back safely. (Sorry they are marine rays :nilly: )

Gr8KarmaSF

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank
Matt - feel free to start a new thread, locked before the flame war begins!

flameclosed.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store