Business policy must read!

fugupuff

M.A.N. Community Vendor
Community Vendor
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2005
Fish Heaven
Mission:

We are here to provide hobbyists with Rare and Exotic fish from all around the world.

Ordering process:

payments can be made via paypal to amazonaq@gmail.com unless other arrangements are made. Please include 3% paypal fees when applicable.

Serious inquiries should be emailed to amazonaq@gmail.com I do not like PM's.

Please do "homework" before asking, such as how big they get, what do they look like, etc... google is great, questions are ok, as long as they're sincere.

"tire kickers" will be placed on my ignore list at my discretion

Shipping:

Shipping is done via Fedex over night delivery. Once payment is received, arrangments will be made to ship between Monday-Thursday. Live arrival is guaranteed unless noted otherwise.

Acclimation process:

Fish may come in with some blue tinged water and appear sleepy, that is because we use "bag buddy" a sedative to help transport them safely.

For delicate or more expensive fish: Please open bag, add some "amquel" a few drops in the bag to allow some ammonia to be neutralized, if possible with original water, place a sponge filter or small powerfilter and let it run for 30 mins. After water clears up, use an airline hose and drip water in until temperature is the same, and move fish into tank.

If you do not have the equipment, or time to do the above, then float the bag in the destination tank for 20 minutes then open up and add a few sccops of the water from your tank into the bag, over a period of 10 minutes and let fish out.

Dead on arrival (DOA):

All shipments received with DOA must be photographed within 4 hours, and must be clearly dead, dismembered or not, photos must be timed and dated prefer with the current newspaper with date in background. Remember, you're job is to convince me that its dead and you're not a cheat. I've been screwed in the past a few times but most people who've worked with me know that I'm very reasonable. All claims are handled with my discretion.

Credits will be given minus the shipping costs, refunds at my discretion.

Buyers are responsible for the shipping costs and the replacement shipping cost. Shipping costs are not refundable.

My Story:

I've kept fish for over 25 years, and have been shipping fish and importing fish for more than 10 years now. I am a hobbyist myself, not a big corporation or big business. I do this for the love of the hobby, not to make a lot of money.

I also believe in Karma when it comes to fish keeping. I would never do anything malicious to any other hobbyists, talk trash, get them in trouble with the law, or try to kill their fish, because I would expect the same from others.

My Pet peeves:

People who ask for a fish over and over again, then when I get them, they're quiet or even worse ask for something else that is similar!!!

People do not realize how much work and effort its takes to import fish. Its a lot more work than picking fish up from a local wholesaler and just reselling it.

People do not realize that I can get a shipment of 20 boxes of fish from another country, and half the fish comes in dead, I still pay for the $2000.00 plus shipping cost, fish and wildlife inspection fees, broker fees, those are not refunded or credited to me, so please consider that when you are wondering why the price of a certain item is high. The rarer fish are not found in Pets mart, local mom and pops stores for a reason, its more expensive to obtain.

A lot of people think they can sell fish once they find their way into a local wholesaler, I've seen many come and go. If you resell everything at cost, the local stores with overhead will not be able to survive or buy, eventually going out of business and the wholesalers would suffer, ultimately devestating the entire hobby. We need local fish stores and local wholesalers, as they're the staple of the hobby! There are actually very few private importers like myself.

Last edited:

ado124

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2006
Alexandria, VA
I never thought about the impact of LFS on wholesalers. Good info there Wes. I appreciate all you do for the hobby! Keep it up!

Somethingfishyinc.net

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 11, 2007
Ohio
www.Somethingfishyinc.net
Boy how can I relate to above. :)
(People who ask for a fish over and over again, then when I get them, they're quiet or even worse ask for something else that is similar!!! ) Man do I hate this!

Do not forget about housing all these fish people want but do not get & you have to feed them & take care of them for longer then you planned! Cost to feed some of these fishes can be expensive!

me Dave

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store