Is there a pleco that is safe to add with a Motoro?

zerojquan85

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 16, 2008
So-California, US
Ya.. its call the no-ray technique...

Ur out of luck.. all pleco will suck on bottom and ur ray might just get in the way...

Get a big enough environment where rays and pleco wont encounter each other too often.. But for best result.. dont mix pleco with rays... :(

haxjester

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2007
Toledo, OH
Some people have had luck, but those are rare cases. zerojquan85 is right when saying that you shouldn't combine them and chance your rays health.

If your driftwood is relatively new (to your tank) and the fuzz you are talking about is white it will go away on it's own given time.

FishDog

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2008
B.G. KY
I would say a gold nugget or a bristlenose would be okay. I would go with the gold nugget as they are more of a wood eater and will probably never leave the drift wood.

Conner

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2008
Kentucky
I housed a bristlenose pleco with 5 different stingrays over the span of about 18 months, and I never once saw it leave the driftwood it had decided was its territory, let alone bother the stingrays at all. Although this was in a tank with sand bottom and lots of driftwood (2-3 large pieces, and 4-5 small pieces).

zerojquan85

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 16, 2008
So-California, US
FishDog;4035379; said:
I would say a gold nugget or a bristlenose would be okay. I would go with the gold nugget as they are more of a wood eater and will probably never leave the drift wood.
See i thought Gold nugget were more algae eaters and semi meat eaters with veggies rather than wood eaters... i know mine will eat zucchini, but not so much cucumbers... and sometimes blood worms..

FishDog

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2008
B.G. KY
zerojquan85;4035830; said:
See i thought Gold nugget were more algae eaters and semi meat eaters with veggies rather than wood eaters... i know mine will eat zucchini, but not so much cucumbers... and sometimes blood worms..
They will convert to other foods but are more of a wood eater. You put one on some driftwood and like conner said about his bristlenose, they will never leave.

pasyv

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2007
Netherlands
Several stingraykeepers i know keep L095 Pseudorinelepis Genibarbis
whit there rays.
Very shy pleco moves out of the way of larger fish.
Cleans up food the rays dont eat.

oldfish

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2005
Beavercreek Ohio
FishDog;4035947; said:
They will convert to other foods but are more of a wood eater. You put one on some driftwood and like conner said about his bristlenose, they will never leave.
I've found my gold nugget to be my best algae eater.He seldom leaves the drift wood during the day but at dusk he out and all over the tank walls eating algae. ................I have five sunshine pleco L-014 in with my rays they seem to get along great

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store