Datnoids

a.mellon4

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
I was curious i hear a lot of great things about Dats but i want to know....

What makes people love them so much(not aying they are wrong too) cause i am super curious

bahamaqt00

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2009
kirkland wa
Well I just got my first one and I love him. They have a really cool personality. They beg for food when they're hungry at the front of the tank. They seem to almost recognize you and I have heard they will eat out of your hand if they get to know it. Its almost a challenge to keep them stable and it makes it kind of exciting. They are really beautiful when they're stable (in my opinion) I love my little guy. And the best thing of all is I love their little mohawk :D

DREAM-faw

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
NorCal
I just got one day, and dude! The mohawk is aweswome! And dats are very entertaining to me when chasing feeders x)

VIP FISH

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 31, 2009
in my lovely house
a.mellon4;4040734; said:
I was curious i hear a lot of great things about Dats but i want to know....

What makes people love them so much(not aying they are wrong too) cause i am super curious
YEAH THEY ARE NICE IF YOU ARE IN PITTSBURGH I HAVE I NICE PAIR FOR SALE AT 10":naughty:

a.mellon4

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
VIP FISH;4040864; said:
YEAH THEY ARE NICE IF YOU ARE IN PITTSBURGH I HAVE I NICE PAIR FOR SALE AT 10":naughty:
:WHOA:I am but the problem is i am trying to get them smaller cause i like to grow my fish out for some weird reason

where did you get yours?

and what is the ball game price you wanted out of curiousity:D

poly-nomial

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2009
knew jerzay
They have tons of personality, they are active, they look great, they are worth a lot and compatible with A LOT of fish; what else would you want in a fish? Watching them eat worms is so entertaining. Every once in a while, i go in the backyard and dig up a small handfull of earthworms. Than i throw them in. The dats grab one worm (to themselves) and slam it up against the driftwood and glass like it's a live animal. Feeding them is very entertaining. Watching them grow is very rewarding because they are difficult fish to keep healthy. But as long as your tank is suitable, you should be able to keep your datnoid(s) for a very long time!

Good luck!!

a.mellon4

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
poly-nomial;4041725; said:
They have tons of personality, they are active, they look great, they are worth a lot and compatible with A LOT of fish; what else would you want in a fish? Watching them eat worms is so entertaining. Every once in a while, i go in the backyard and dig up a small handfull of earthworms. Than i throw them in. The dats grab one worm (to themselves) and slam it up against the driftwood and glass like it's a live animal. Feeding them is very entertaining. Watching them grow is very rewarding because they are difficult fish to keep healthy. But as long as your tank is suitable, you should be able to keep your datnoid(s) for a very long time!

Good luck!!
Hard to keep healthy and what exactly are compatible(if i get some i would plan too get 2 3 max in my 120) and what species would you suggest

poly-nomial

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2009
knew jerzay
a.mellon4;4042019; said:
And would it be a bad idea to try a red wolf fish with a dat
Wolfish=very bad choice. Fish like polypterus, other dats, fei-feng, silver dollars, and other "monster" fish. Wolffish should be kept solitairy and the majority of wolf fish get far too large for your 125. And datnoids grow very slowly. It is best you put them on pellets as soon as possible after you get them (PM me when you get them and ask). A 125g will do for several years but once they hit 18-24" your gonna need a tank like twice as big as your current one.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store