Here she is (Again)... Motoro =)

Tpriem21

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 1, 2010
Bristol, IN
Here is my Motoro female? She was sold as a female even tho it doesnt matter to me right now. Anyways i have had her for a little over a month now and she is doing great!
In the pics where you see my emperor 400 i have added an airstone into the plastic media box along with ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate remover and all my levels are at 0. It seems to be working out. The water is a little cloudy due to me removing sand. Now there is around 1-2" in there. Sorry she is sandy she loves to burrow lol
Tell me what you think =) Thanks
Tyler

turkeyboy85

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2007
mn
she looks very skinny start feeding her some earthworms.... also feed her as much as she will eat at each feeding

joey02

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 22, 2007
Canada
thekingofdiy.com
Nice spotting on her... she does look very skinny like turkey said though. Start feeding her more often, or something more filling.

Also, that deep sand bed is going to cause you problems eventually. either remove most of the sand, or all of it. You dont need that much in there.

vamptrev

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2007
Chesterfield MI
she has great potential but looks very skinny.

i would be feeding twice per day, as much as she will eat.

if she isnt eating alot the u need to do more waterchanges

GL!!

skynoch

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2007
edmonton alberta canada
Agree lots of potential but you will need to up the feedings and switch over to nightcrawlers till she fattens up then to some other foods.
The sand bed is also a little deep for that small of a ray. For that size a ray a 1/8-1/4" is all you need. Don't remove it all at once but slowly over the nxt few weeks.
Also after the sand is out start slowly removing the ammonia,nitrite and nitrate removers from the filter and add more bio-media. Once your ray gets bigger these will cause nothing but problems and all you need is a good amount of bio-media and waterchanges for a healthy ray.
Sorry not trying to sound negative just trying to be helpful. Good luck with a very nice looking ray.

Tpriem21

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 1, 2010
Bristol, IN
Ok here is the thing. She will not touch earthworms. She eats frozen shrimp, bloodworms, she even ate some beefheart cubes. She will come up and let me feed her or i will feed her with tongs but she wont eat earthworms. Alive, dead, whole, or cut up. No response

Tpriem21

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 1, 2010
Bristol, IN
The first 11 pics are the ones i jsut took today. There really isnt that much sand in there. I removed probably half of it from before. If i look under the tank i can see the one light through it. Its not too deep at all.

Tpriem21

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 1, 2010
Bristol, IN
Everyone says i need more filtration. My LFS has a New Magnum 350 pro that i could get for $100. How beneficial would this be to my ray and the tank? I just purchase an arowana as well.

joey02

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 22, 2007
Canada
thekingofdiy.com
A mag 350 would polish the water, but thats about it.They lack in Bio capacity. If you want a cheap canister, look into the rena's. An XP3 or 4, filled with bio media would be a good choice. Or look around for another used canister... $100 should get you a good one.

If she's eating shrimp and other foods, i wouldnt bother with earth worms.. mix in some chopped up fish fillet in with the shrimp and see if she'll eat that... shrimp and fish will put some weight on her fast.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store