Free Food!

haxjester

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2007
Toledo, OH
So I just spent the last 15 minutes walking around the parking lot at work picking up worms that were flooded out of the grass. Couldn't have had a better time at midnight, in a parking lot on a main road, in torrential rain, with no coat :D

Guesstimate is around $30 or more worth of worms easy!

Bazinga

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2010
toronto
nice:p i water my lawn front and back right before sunset and wait a hour after sunset and i go out and get myself 200+ worms easy:) depending how long i want to be out there:p

gazelle

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2009
USA
i hate earthworms I have no problems feeding them to my fish but I just dont like them as living beings haha i can't explain it

be sure to rinse them off!!

Knowdafish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2007
Philippines
Score!

turkeyboy85

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2007
mn
i would be careful man.... how much chemicals are now inside those worms.... and you are feeding them to ur rays... I have done it ever now and then but i wouldnt make it a common practice to do.....

haxjester

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2007
Toledo, OH
Thanks for the concern. I agree doing this all the time would not be wise. I think that these should be OK though as we have not fertilized the lawn at work yet this year. Last time it was fertilized was the beginning of last fall.

I would love to be able to do as Bazinga does, and just pick them daily out of my own back yard, but I'm not wading through mastiff landmines at night for anything! :p ;)

coeus

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2009
maryland
haxjester;4052772; said:
Thanks for the concern. I agree doing this all the time would not be wise. I think that these should be OK though as we have not fertilized the lawn at work yet this year. Last time it was fertilized was the beginning of last fall.

I would love to be able to do as Bazinga does, and just pick them daily out of my own back yard, but I'm not wading through mastiff landmines at night for anything! :p ;)

lol wet mastiff landmines at that

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store