How is it that every hybrid has BD blood now?

csx4236

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2006
USA
Just something I think is funny but as you see more and more hybrids being bred in Asia all the breeders are claiming they have BD blood in them. Just alittle over a year ago before release of black rays from Brazil, you could barely get a BD and had to pay upwards of 10000+ each for nice one and bdxleo were 5000+ each. Now all of a sudden every hybrid coming out of Asia has BD blood in it? Not even year ago no one would bother to breed anything but real pure BD and now all of sudden BD is crossed with everything. Just think it's funny how these breeders try to con the average person into thinking this. Of all the BD's I have sold to customer only small fraction have bred and think number is less then a few % so how in hell does every hybrid have BD in there blood line. Just to soon I think what do you guys think?

Gr8KarmaSF

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank
I think its all dependent on who you buy from. Do you trust them? Have they been around a long time? Can they provide pics of parents? If they do, do you trust they are even real?

With pups it comes down to trusting the seller. Much easier to do in person but via internet its always a gamble and comes down to ones reputation and how they conduct their biz....

just my .02

PhoMan

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2006
Chicago
I believe it's all about making your product sound good to command a higher price. BD hybrid is a particularly popular exploit since there is no standard to differentiate a leo hybrid vs. a BD hybrid. It's just a marketing hype to get people, especially those that buy on impulse... including myself. lol.

If the price is right buy the product based on the price.... do not buy it not because of claimed quality which has no warranty/can not be proven...

Personally I would only pay for the name if the quality of that comes with the name can be proven.... that way you can go back to the seller and prove you are not getting the product you paid for.

cjfrontlovr

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2006
denver,nc..
lol..i have seen pictures lately of pups labeled bd/leo hybrids..first off, they aren't hybrids since bd's are a fancy term for hi quality leos and secondly, the pictures of the pups didn't look anything special..i guess the pups must have the plain leo genes and no bd genes..:ROFL:

AROWANABE

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2007
Where the sun never shines
cjfrontlovr;4054445; said:
lol..i have seen pictures lately of pups labeled bd/leo hybrids..first off, they aren't hybrids since bd's are a fancy term for hi quality leos and secondly, the pictures of the pups didn't look anything special..i guess the pups must have the plain leo genes and no bd genes..:ROFL:
10-4 Craig.

ShadowStryder

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2007
Nunya
Cha Ching, its all about the dollar. Just another label to up the price.

COOL MBU

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 17, 2006
MICHIGAN
Confirm! Confirm! Confirm! Any Human that has "Greed" as their motivation...is going to embelish the product that they are trying to sell... Our Government does it! simply to attain the votes of the "Ignorant"- completly different story...sorry! Bottom line is-if you're going to spend a large sum of money on a fish~~~~Please,do yourself a favor...Research Who,What,& Where!! Common Sense will save you from-Wasted Time,Frustration,& possible Attorney fees.

Just Be Smart!!;)

MN Stingray

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 30, 2008
Minnesota
Gr8KarmaSF;4054231; said:
I think its all dependent on who you buy from. Do you trust them? Have they been around a long time? Can they provide pics of parents? If they do, do you trust they are even real?

With pups it comes down to trusting the seller. Much easier to do in person but via internet its always a gamble and comes down to ones reputation and how they conduct their biz....

just my .02
My thoughts exactly ,Gr8

Personally i could care less ,they all look like Leo's to me.But if you go out there and find all the ray breeders in Asia,you'll see a whole lot of BD's out there[just a quick look up on the internet}.Remember Asian country's breed and export more fish than any other countries out there.They have their breeding down to a science.
If you have a fish that you cannot breed ,send it over to a country in Asia i gaurentee they will have it breeding and ready for export in a yr.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store