2 dead stingrays

Phractocephalus Hemioliop

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2009
The Amazon
2 of my stingrays died out of 4. it was the pearl and flower. about 7 inches in radius. i noticed only the stingrays with white rotting tails died [ i just came back from a short holiday trip to found they had rotting tails] so i thought it was the suckerfish that bit their tail so i moved it. 2 days later, the flower died, 2 days later the pearl died. but the motoro and polkadots while DON'T have rotting tails seem fine so is it because of the rotting tails thats y they died? we changed the water quite frequently and avoid overfeeding. pearl seemed so fine yesterday, he was swimming and eating and i woke up to find him dead! :confused::confused:
i didn't think the white rotting problems. i thought it was gonna heal but maybe it was an infection and was what lead to the death??

Phractocephalus Hemioliop

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2009
The Amazon
my holiday was only 3 days long. told my mom not to tell the maid to feed the fish and she still did and i suspect it was because the maid doesn't know the right amount to feed it. the water looks clean but there was a lot of shrimp shells everywhere.
so one of the reasons could possibly because of overfeeding or infection ;P

wheresalbany

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2006
Keene, NH
Sorry for your loss. When I go away I always portion out the food for whoever is watching my rays so they don't overfeed. Just something to consider for the future.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store