Satanoperca acuticeps and friends

peathenster

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2008
Georgia, US
Been a month...they are doing well and fattening up :)

Very interesting fish. A bit more active than the other Satanoperca species I kept, and more colorful than I thought. The yellow on the pelvic fins and the purple/pink on the anal/dorsal/caudal fins look somewhat strange :)

Tanks mates in the 90g: Geophagus dicrozoster, Geophagus winemilleri and a few angels.

BigPic

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2007
Winnipeg, Canada
Acuticeps is a really awesome eartheater! I am truly jealous! Thanks for sharing.

Nemesis

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 7, 2009
nyc
Wow, they look great. I love the winemilleri and the blue angel. What kind of angel is that (I know nothing about angels).

peathenster

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2008
Georgia, US
kjfan1;4056143; said:
Great looking fish man! Awesome tank!

Wanna sell Geophagus dicrozoster?
Thanks but I just got them :D

BigPic;4056147; said:
Acuticeps is a really awesome eartheater! I am truly jealous! Thanks for sharing.

Nemesis;4056168; said:
Wow, they look great. I love the winemilleri and the blue angel. What kind of angel is that (I know nothing about angels).
Thanks:). The blue ones are pinoy blue zebras (D/+ - Z/+ - pb/pb) and the white ones are platinum blues (g/g pb/pb).

HiImSean

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2007
kennesaw, ga
i love the little squiggle under the dicrozoster eye :cool: the acuticeps look pretty cool. the shape of their head sets them apart from other Satanoperca. you still have the apistos in there too?

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
Rare Satanopperca... *sigh*

Tank and stock look great Peter. I even like the angels. Happy for you.

HrHagel

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2009
Denmark
They look amazing Peathenster! Nice!

One question though, don't you think theire colors would "pop" more on a brown/darker substrate? Mine did when i switched from really light sand to brown sand

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store