STING RAY DEAD AND ONE ONE DYING...THE DEATH CURL

vinitnair

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 8, 2010
india
BAD NEWS ..... ONE RAY DEAD AND ONE SEEMS TO BE DYING.......

AFTER ALL THE HARD WORK AND SEVERAL WATERCHANGES.....AMMONIA AND NITRITE BOTH SHOWS 0 READING

bUT couldnt save one sting ray...or may be 2

I have taken pics of the death curl and also the top and bottom view of the dead ray.....it surely is amo burn....i have also taken the pic of the dying ray.....

I dont think it will make it...but if anyone can help i will be gratefull.....

click on the link to see the images of the dead and dying.....

http://vinitaquarium.webs.com/apps/photos/album?albumid=8694665

sam buckle

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2008
cornwall
that ray was so skinny it would not have taken much to kill it.
if the others are that skinny i would start feeding again . small amounts a three times a day . keep an eye on your ammonia and nitrite readings and stay on top of those water changes. just remember to take out any food after an hour that they have not eaten as uneaten food produces tons of waste fairly quickly.
fingers crossed for the rest of them.

killarbb

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2008
iowa
in the last pic, is that sand laying on the disk? almost looks like undisolved salt. if that is the case, salt, that could be killing the rays.........salt has to be disolved for rays or it will cause severe burns, internal and external.

Mosquito

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2007
Indo
i dont think its an amo burn. your rays's bottom is clean. IMHO amo burn will make your rays bottom red.. and it had to be very red too kill it...

on your second pic, there is yellow & red color on her belly, i think its an internal bleeding, what food are they eat?

manlyfish

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2010
michigan
digestive problems maybe? i know when i have feederfish some aren't smart enough to eat so i'm having to get smaller amounts at a time

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store