stressed male due to water fogg..

stingray_tj

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2010
seattle
so my 90 gallon tank has been set up a month an a half now almost 2 months.. i have a canister filter for a 100 gallon an a 75 gallon hang on the back filter i also removed the carbon packs from both. i have 3 fish total one blood parrot thats a few inches an a sting ray thats 6 inches around also a small pond algae eater not sure on the kind of fish. it has a fin like a killer whale..lol its black an white.. either way doesnt matter.. with all that said..

so i do a 30% water change once a week an have been doin that for 3 weeks now as it jus settled..

the last time i did a weekly water change 3days ago now the water has been really cloudy an foggy. cant see through end to end.. i have done a 20gallon water change everyday since the weekly an still after every night its cloudy an algae lookin... what can i get an do to make my water crystal clear again without hurting my fish or taking them out?? most of all worried about the stingray an want to clean this up without stressing him out.. thanks alot..

RedTailKinG

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2008
QUEENS NYC
make sure your test kit isnt out dated this happens alot if its more than a year old get a new one

stingray_tj

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2010
seattle
what should i be testing for...??? im only testing ph , nitrites, nitrates, and ammonia.. all the levels are coming back at 0.. if you have read i have taking out an replaced several gallons daily now for 3 days the water should an is reading clean of harmfull things i heard that kill.. but its cloudy ,foggy, looks slightly light green jus a small tint.. what is safe to get rid of it...??

stingray_tj

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2010
seattle
ohhh an the ph isnt reading 0.... its at 7.0.. so ot should be crystal clear yet its not... an i have cleaned my filters every 2 weeks with tank water.. replaced the carbon with another sponge.. im confused.. is any type of alge killer safe with my stingrays????

turkeyboy85

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2007
mn
if its algae then a uv light will take care of it.... the reason why i ask what the paramaters are is because everyone always says there is at 0, I have never had my tanks ever at 0, my nitrites are always at about 30ppm. No one ever admits they have high readings or they dont know how to actually take them.

zspidel

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2010
Pa
i had the same problem. it sounds to me like an algea bloom. my 120 did the exact same thing. i bout some algeafix by api and it did the trick

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store