Motoro on Hikari Massivore?

always4lora

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2009
England
Just wondering if anybody has their rays on massivore? My 5inch one looked like it was eating some of the pellets today, it was facing the other way but looked like it was eating it and i could see some of it come from the gill bit near its eye. Quite impressed:) Now just for my Retic to start eating them.

Is Massivore a good diet for them or they will need to be suplmented with anything else?

LBathory

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 25, 2008
New Jersey
I start by throwing in the smaller carnivore pellets soaked in black worms, then once they start jumping on them, I put in just the pellets and then eventually switch to massivor when their mouths are big enough.

keepinfish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2007
In God We Trust
i have all my rays on massivore, sinking cichlid gold, & carnivore. Some will just take it without trying some have to be trained. I usually get mine on pellets by mixing it with there favorite food, worms, smelt, shrimp...etc. then feeding the saoked pellets to them after a while they will take them un-soaked.

always4lora

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2009
England
i didn't try perticully tbh i just throw some in for the weeksii and lapredei bichir's which like them normally give the rays worms . As long it's good for them i'll keep it on that. the retic will hopefully learn from the motoro seens as they follow each other about all day

fishman646

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2008
In the fishroom
All my rays eat anything my6 male jag eats massivore, sinking carnivore , sinking cichlid gold, but his favorite is food sticks lol

slimmer

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2009
ontario
I just kept introducing a few pellets when feeding bloodworms and smelt and eventually my female started eating them. My male still won't. After 4 months he still will only eat bloodworms and ghost shrimp. He has not grown at all but my female is twice the size then when i got her.

CrAzYNeSs

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2009
Here.
slimmer;4087390; said:
I just kept introducing a few pellets when feeding bloodworms and smelt and eventually my female started eating them. My male still won't. After 4 months he still will only eat bloodworms and ghost shrimp. He has not grown at all but my female is twice the size then when i got her.
Same. I have stopped all other foods besides MP and yesterday (after 5 days) he starts to nibble on it. They can learn. ;)

wheresalbany

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2006
Keene, NH
I use Massivore and Carnivore pellets as my staple diet for all my rays and cats supplementing with shrimp/silversides/fish fillets when I can. Pellets are great especially for the convinience of them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store