and the Ugly...

Let's hear your experience on;

how you used it,

what type of filtration did you use it in,

how much did you use and

did you regenerate it yet?

results

etc...

So anybody with experience, and I know there are a bunch of you, go ahead and start it off...

:thumbsup:

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
I just started using it about a month ago. Heard all the horrible things about carbon and made the change. I run two of the ready to go bags in each of my Cascade 1500's. That's 4 bags being used on my 120g. So far no issues and its only been a month. We will see what they look like an another 2 months when I crack those canisters open for cleaning.

zennzzo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2005
Mile High in Northern AZ, baby!~
Have you seen a difference in your water parameters?
Clarity isn't always a good indicator of whats going on with the params,
but,
have you seen a marked improvement in water clarity?

Do you know what Micron rating the bags you have are?

I got the 250 ml bulk bottle (loose Media) that is supposed to be good enough to treat 250gallons of water, perfect amount.
I just gotta figure out what size micron sak to use and, at what level in my Eheim 2180 to put the sak

Deaths Sting

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2009
Vancouver, Canada

tcarswell

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2008
Tibet
I use a can of 500ml on my 90 gallon. I put it in two separate bags from Seachem labeled "The Bag" Each holds about 250ml each They go in between the substrate pro and Foam in my AC110's

They work like an absolute charm and help keep nitrates down especially useful since my tap water has 15-20 ppm nitrates these days.

Water polishing is an absolute blessing as well It does a better and more thorough job than carbon and lasts longer . I only have to recharge it every 6 months and even then its not in bad shape at all.

Deaths Sting

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2009
Vancouver, Canada
tcarswell;4092712; said:
They go in between the substrate pro and Foam in my AC110's
i find it works more efficiently if u place the bag near the top, where the water begins to pour out of the AC110. that way the water has to go through the bag in order to exit the AC110. also, if u do it that way, it will make purigen maintenance a little simpler; u can literally just pull it right out of the filter, without moving a single thing.

tcarswell

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2008
Tibet
Deaths Sting;4092719; said:
i find it works more efficiently if u place the bag near the top, where the water begins to pour out of the AC110. that way the water has to go through the bag in order to exit the AC110. also, if u do it that way, it will make purigen maintenance a little simpler; u can literally just pull it right out of the filter, without moving a single thing.
Ill try it but with "the bag" It like to float for some reason (I think its the fine filtration of the bags themselves makes it hard for the water to pass through) :irked: The bio media now kind of helps hold it down. Thanks for the tip ill give it a shot for sure. What do you store your purigen in bro ?

Deaths Sting

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2009
Vancouver, Canada
tcarswell;4092740; said:
Ill try it but with "the bag" It like to float for some reason (I think its the fine filtration of the bags themselves makes it hard for the water to pass through) :irked: The bio media now kind of helps hold it down. Thanks for the tip ill give it a shot for sure. What do you store your purigen in bro ?
i see ur problem now. im using the 100ML packs. they are very compact so they sink.

with that being said i retract my previous statement. since it would not work if it floats.

i suppose u could use a small flat rock to hold it down...

beex215

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2006
usa
250ml on a 55g tank

been using it since early February. water changes went down so it pays for itself. the water is a light tinted color but very clear great water

tcarswell

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2008
Tibet
Deaths Sting;4092761; said:
i see ur problem now. im using the 100ML packs. they are very compact so they sink.

with that being said i retract my previous statement. since it would not work if it floats.

i suppose u could use a small flat rock to hold it down...
Maybe next time I re up my purigen ill grab the 100 ml packs instead. For now it cant hurt to try the rocks thanks for the heads up bro :headbang2

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store