My Brat pack... lol

MonsterMinis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2009
Wisconsin
The "3 stooges" and my TT.... sorry about the "un-clean" shots but I let my tanks look less then "perfect" ... the fish seem to appreciate it.. hehe scary I vac the tanks at least 1x a week.

000_0003.jpg

000_0004_00.jpg

100_0029.jpg

Loves severums

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2009
Michigan
wow cool i am getting another fire eel soon. :D

MonsterMinis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2009
Wisconsin
few other shots I took.... and this is after dinner was served.. lol.. and a shot w/ 1 of 2 other tank-mates atm.. I think the gar is alot more shy then they are... you can also see a few of the white scuff-marks they pick-up from tangleing w/ eachother at times. but this is as bad as they ever get. no seriouse wounds (knock on wood)

000_0006.jpg

000_0002_02.jpg

MonsterMinis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2009
Wisconsin
the TT is now 10"+ and the fire eels are huge.. I haven't been able to get exact measurements but the largest is a few inches longer then the depth of my 75. so at a guess the 3 are 16"- 24" give or take.

100_0372.jpg

100_0356.jpg

MonsterMinis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2009
Wisconsin
the pic of the fire was in the 40B before I moved them last month. I really should take some more pics soon. and the TT in his 20.. which he's now in the 40B w/ his Bichir buddies. 180 should be here by X-mas for them =)

I've also noticed they seem to like the tank "dirty" and play in the mulm from the plants.

KCK

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2010
253, US.
Nice eels,
but I've always wondered how any fish can survive a gar attack..
Wouldn't the gar technically be able to snatch the eel and bruttally chomp it without a fight?
Maybe someone can shine light on this.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd how about an update?

MonsterMinis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2009
Wisconsin
=) The marks are actually all from each other.. They get hormonal sometimes. NO idea how else to explaine it. But So far my Gar ( I now have 2) barely do more then blink at them. even dureing feeding time and the eels are poking their faces into the gars.

And yes If either of my Florida gar where inclined to attack the Fires they could and would kill them in all likely-hood. I did alot of research and asked the question more then a few times before I tried it. I certaintly would not try this with an Alligator Gar. Or a gar thats generally very aggressive. I also keep everyone well fed.

The TT's size has exploded, he's playing catch-up to my smallest Fire it looks like. But he also eats like a pig. He's due for a new hide-spot as he now hangs out both ends by a good bit. THe Fires seem to be holding their lengths but have been putting on girth. I've had to be careful about making sure the lil' guy is getting enough to eat, the other 2 are hoovers.

They're all offa live and take frozen readily, and have been eating pellets pre-soaked now on 'n off for the past 2 weeks. I'll bug the hubby to let me use his camera and get some new pics of everyone.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store