can i put a leopoldi pup with my motoro?

alexx-w

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2010
wood dale IL
i have a motoro and i was thinking about getting another ray for him to be buddy buddy with, and i was thinking to go with a leopoldi.

will they get along? and is it possible for them to mate?

i was also wondering how to tell the sex of my motoro?

can anyone hook it up with some knowledge? haha

Deaths Sting

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2009
Vancouver, Canada
alexx-w;4112475; said:
i have a motoro and i was thinking about getting another ray for him to be buddy buddy with, and i was thinking to go with a leopoldi.

will they get along? and is it possible for them to mate?

i was also wondering how to tell the sex of my motoro?

can anyone hook it up with some knowledge? haha
how big is the Motoro?

a Leo pup's biggest concern would be getting enough food and possibly bullied by the Motoro.

if u look at the base of the tail on the ventral side, u will see if it is male or female. rays are one of the most obvious fish to sex ;)

its possible for them to mate.

also, keep in mind Leos are much more expansive then a Motoro!

alexx-w

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2010
wood dale IL
cool my motoros disk is about the size of my had, so basically i think my ray is a gir; because i do not see any external reproductive organs haha, how much do leos go for?
i would want one about the same size as my motoro

Deaths Sting

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2009
Vancouver, Canada
alexx-w;4112558; said:
cool my motoros disk is about the size of my had, so basically i think my ray is a gir; because i do not see any external reproductive organs haha, how much do leos go for?
i would want one about the same size as my motoro
well it sounds like ur Motoro is still a pup.. Unless u got GIANT MITTS!:D

the price of a Leo would depend on ur location and its size. a ball park figure for a Leo would be around $1000.

where i live they go for $1300-$2700, depending on size.

if u can get ur hands on a captive bred one from a member that would be ideal since they usually go for cheaper.

vamptrev

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2007
Chesterfield MI
should be ok but IME leos are much more aggressive then motoros as adults. in the future the leo might beat on the motoro

if they are about the same size u should be ok

alexx-w

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2010
wood dale IL
o god i dont have that kind of money, are there any other rays i can put with my motoro that are cheaper?

-Sinatra-

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 25, 2008
alberta
Retics, motor crosses, and marble. Motoro crosses actually look wicked most of the time.

Just Toby

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2010
Guildford UK
RE: Sexing of Rays.

You will not see reproductive organs that are human like.

You need to do a few searches for "Claspers" - mature males have claspers that are very obvious, they look very much like "fingers" or tails near the base of the tail (not to be confused with the feet like fins there)

Make sure you are 100% certain what claspers are.

Hope this helps.

BTW, many people look and do not answer as they may now want to comment or may not know the answers.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store