Big enough?

MonsterMinis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2009
Wisconsin
I've been looking at the marineland starfire tanks. they have a 3' depth and come in a few lengths a 5' 450 or 6' 500... Would one of these tanks house a pair of Motoros for life or will I be looking at an upgrade? I'm looking at housing my 3 fire eels and a florida gar for sure. possibly a few more gar later on if I can aquire them, but plan on keeping the tank lower stocked as a "show" tank in the house. other then going custom are their any other tanks on the market that might fit the bill otherwise? :D few more months then I will be able to get this show on the road. Just want to make sure I'm getting my research done right.

spotfin

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
Maine
Those Marineland tanks are super expensive. You can probably get a larger, acrylic tank for a similar price.

polish

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2008
Ne, IN
www.tankterrors.com
MonsterMinis;4117199; said:
they have a 3' depth and come in a few lengths a 5' 450 or 6' 500..
Someone gave you false info.

The 3'x3' version is 150g.
The 4'x3' version is 200g.
The 5'x3' version is 250g.
The 6'x3' version is 300g.

All tanks are 27" Tall.

Marineland Deep Dimension

I think they are very nice tanks but as has already been stated your money could go A LOT farther, these tanks are way over priced imho...

MonsterMinis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2009
Wisconsin
Thanks Polish I thought the numbers where off.. but I may have been the one who made the mistake, Thats prolly what I get for posting before my eye-lids have fully opened for the day. Does anyone have other suggestions as to where to procure if you will a glass tank of larger size that would be acceptable for a pair of rays? or am I best off putting in an indoor pond, and putting something else in the "main tank" with the fire eels and gar ( which will all be very respectable size when the rays would be introduced)?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store