New Motoro Ray

Novaman1967

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2010
Ontario Canada
Hey people:

Just got my new Motoro Ray last Sunday, he is doing great so far, will post some pics in the next few days.

Got a quick question, yesterday he seemed active searching for food,i fed him and he ate, now today, he has burried himself in the sand bottom so only his eyes are showing, which i know is normal. My concern is he is just sitting there, are they not active most of the time are can they get quite still under the sand for long periods of time?? I mean like all day today, he has moved around a bit and i can see him breathing ok. Put some live goldfish in and he did not go after them.

Any ideas, this type of fish is new to me, so i might be worrying for nothing.

Regards Andy

Novaman1967

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2010
Ontario Canada
The reason i am feeding feeders is cause the store i got him from were feeding him feeders and he was eatering them ok. A freind of mine who owns a pet store got him from his wholesaler in Toronto. They apparently know quite a bit about stingrays.

Regards Andy

skylineiz

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2008
Australia
feeders suck, get him some real food!! fatten him up and get him onto pellets :)
do a search and read the stickies youll find all the info you need :)

good luck, and dont stress about him hiding in the sand, its normal. give him some time he will be more active and lively.

Gshock

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2009
Toronto
Novaman1967;4121509; said:
The reason i am feeding feeders is cause the store i got him from were feeding him feeders and he was eatering them ok. A freind of mine who owns a pet store got him from his wholesaler in Toronto. They apparently know quite a bit about stingrays.

Regards Andy
Whether or not they know about rays is beyond me lol. Stop feeding feeders and start feeding some night crawlers. You should be able to get them from your local bait shop or if you're in toronto, there should be some still crawling on the surface of your backyard right now.

mos90

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 20, 2009
rome,ny
joey020283;4122467; said:
Feeders = potential parasites and little nutritional value.
not just potential, probable for the most part. unless u quarantine and treat. i know, i learned the hard way.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store