DIY Worm Cubes

KING1307

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2009
Ontario
Hey, so I've found a really easy way to get your retic eating on a regular basis. It was always a pain in the a** for me to half to cut up a night crawler every time my retic would have to eat, and since he's a pup, he wouldnt even be able to eat the whole thing and it was just a waste. So I came up with a plan that eliminates the waste and is a lot easier. Making worm cubes. I find this handy if im out of town and the girlfriend has to feed the fish and is a little disgusted with cutting up worms. This solved all those problems.Just thought id share with you all.

First id go out in a rain storm and get a jar full of night crawlers:

Then you start cutting into bite sized pieces:

Next, you fill an ice cube tray with however much your ray can eat in a serving:

Add a little water:

And freeze:

And there you have it, easy to serve worm cubes for your rays. Hope you like the idea. Makes life easier for me!

SpeshulEd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Ok, makes sense...but wouldn't it be more of pain to cut up a whole jar of worms than just cutting one in half?

:p

PeteLockwood

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2009
Westfield NJ
Now you cut up some market shrimp into small bits with the worms. Let it all marinade for an hour and *then* freeze your cubes. Over time increase the proportion of shrimp and voila your retic now eats something the gf doesn't need to get upset about.

wheresalbany

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2006
Keene, NH
cool idea. I had been entertaining this idea in my head for a while to help out people who come to babysit my tanks. I'm glad someone gave it a try. Thanks!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store