Motoro rays tank size?

n4red

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2008
sweden
Hey all , so a guy here just got some Motoro rays in size of a normal CD disc.

ive got a 175G tank about 2.2ft wide with a RTG arowana as its only habitant so im wondering how would 1 or 2 motoros do in it? (sizes of a cd disc roughly) other planned tank mates would be a tigrinus eventually but other then that just the RTG most likley . i will probally be upgrading to a bigger tank but that will be awhile away still so.

Any ideas / advices?

n4red

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2008
sweden
keepinfish;4130576; said:
http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149245

start here. females can get 30" or bigger diameter....males may stay a little smaller

that tank could last you a couple of years

A couple of years? i should have been upgrading by then .

Deaths Sting;4130581; said:
how long is a while away?
Not sure really its all depending on how fast they grow i guess , but if they can manage over 1 year it should be fine they usally got the ability to make u feel they need a bigger tank so u never know :)

Thanks for the help guys.

Just Toby

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2010
Guildford UK
Having taken advice from people I respect to know...i does seem that some females grow faster and larger than others.

Factors seem to include: long term tank size, food intake, genetics, water quality but I suspect there are many others. The tank size is bound to cause argument but some people have evidence of smaller tanks holding back the eventual size to some extent.

zspidel

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2010
Pa
Just Toby;4130882; said:
Having taken advice from people I respect to know...i does seem that some females grow faster and larger than others.

Factors seem to include: long term tank size, food intake, genetics, water quality but I suspect there are many others. The tank size is bound to cause argument but some people have evidence of smaller tanks holding back the eventual size to some extent.

you are a very observant being. i like you lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store