Anyone have a large retic?

bahamaqt00

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2009
kirkland wa
I have a small one about 6" in diameter and I was wondering if anyone owns one or has pictures to share of a bigger one (10"+) I have never seen one bigger than 6" so just curious. I hear they can reach up to like 14" or something. Thanks!

Just Toby

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2010
Guildford UK
Funnly enough I have heard of a lot of the dieing for unknown reasons but never knowingly seen or heard of a large adult one....must be some though?

haxjester

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2007
Toledo, OH
I owned one for a brief time that was 16". I'll post pics of it when I get home. I purchased it from AJfromAT who no longer posts here, but he raised it along with a male from pups, and bred them quite often before losing the male and selling me the female. I unfortunately lost her about 6 weeks after getting her.

***EDIT***

Forgot I have the pictures in my MFK albums!

bahamaqt00

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2009
kirkland wa
haxjester;4131571; said:
I owned one for a brief time that was 16". I'll post pics of it when I get home. I purchased it from AJfromAT who no longer posts here, but he raised it along with a male from pups, and bred them quite often before losing the male and selling me the female. I unfortunately lost her about 6 weeks after getting her.

Sorry to hear you lost her. But 16", damn that's huge! Does anyone know if they're worth more at a big size because it is pretty rare you see one and it is hard to keep them alive that long? Also, what size are they sexually mature? (I'm guessing pretty small because of their overall size) Anyways, I would love to see pictures of yours and anyone else's that is big!

Thanks guys!

Gshock

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2009
Toronto
bahamaqt00;4131583; said:
Sorry to hear you lost her. But 16", damn that's huge! Does anyone know if they're worth more at a big size because it is pretty rare you see one and it is hard to keep them alive that long? Also, what size are they sexually mature? (I'm guessing pretty small because of their overall size) Anyways, I would love to see pictures of yours and anyone else's that is big!

Thanks guys!
Highly doubt it gets more value as it ages. Pattern diminishes with age unlike some other rays and the pups are worth nearly nothing.

bahamaqt00

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2009
kirkland wa
Gshock;4131889; said:
Highly doubt it gets more value as it ages. Pattern diminishes with age unlike some other rays and the pups are worth nearly nothing.
Aww :( that sucks. But at least if I can get mine that big I can say I have raised one of the "harder" stingrays.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store