black diamond are they actually leopoldi????

calgaryflames

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2009
calgary
Does anybody know for certian 100% that black diamond are infact the same species as p13 leopoldi.has their ever been any type of research done to actually prove it.I have never seen any regular leos with belly spotting like bds??

i have seen many black diamonds that almost look like somewhere their is p14 genes in them.I have done some research and p14 and p13 occur naturaly in the same place the xingu river systems.i know that bds are from the sao felix region so this kind of putts the dagger in my theory.

for a while some people were calling bds a seperate species but now everybody calls them leopoldi p13 black diamond.

does anybody know anything about this???

fishguy306

Peacock Bass
Community Vendor
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2005
Illinois
Yeah, you will find some people believe one side, others believe the other. As far as I know, no genetic research has been done, however I am not up date date by any means on this sort of thing.

In my opinion, they are the same species, however, like said, I know many other people do not.

calgaryflames

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2009
calgary
i wasnt asking for everybodys opinion maybe somebody has some real info that can be shared.but i guess their probably has never been any real reaserch done on this before than

dat

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2006
here on earth
In my opinion, they are the same species, however, like said, I know many other people do not.[/QUOTE]

They cant be the same species just look at a new born p14 which comes out as a brown animal with no white dots at all then changes to a black with white spots compared to a new born black diamond which looks totally different.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store