Face frame attached:

Attaching the trim:

Primed and ready for paint:

Canopy shell:

Lamp standoffs attached to lid:

Lights fully assembled:

Prepped for paint:

Finished product:

Thanks for looking. Comments, questions, and constructive criticism all welcome. :)

FishNCash

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2009
Earth
Nice setup but it looks way too bright! I need sunglasses to look at the tank.

bob965

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2009
MI
That's just because of my crappy photography skills. The room was dark and I used a flash, so it made the inside of the tank look washed out. It is bright, but in person it's bearable.

IcyShadowz

Feeder Fish
Apr 25, 2012
Kalamazoo Mi
I know this is kinda old but, how is the weight on the plywood stand? Whats the capacity of it and how stable is it? I absolutely love the stand and I'm going to build one similar to it that's why I'm asking. I see people building with 2x4s but some people say that is over kill for a 40 breeder. Any Suggestions?

IcyShadowz

Feeder Fish
Apr 25, 2012
Kalamazoo Mi
I was also wondering if you give me the dimensions of what you built there I'm trying to build 1 similar to it for instance the width the heights all the dimensions of it so I could build 1 of my own I think it's really sweet you did one that way and I really like it thanks ahead of time for the information

hammmp90

Feeder Fish
Jan 17, 2015
Missouri
Hey I just bought a 40 gallon breeder the other day and I was wanting to build a stand and what you have here is what I actually had in mind and I was wondering if you could give the dimensions of what you cut out so that I can pick up what I need. Your tank looks amazing and I hope to get some plants in my tank to look as green as yours do. Any tips on that would be great too. Thanks in advance.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store