maybe a dwarf lionfish?

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
i ask cause i got a petco gift card so i was looking online to see something to get and i looked at their ocell clownfish just cause and i saw there 'your pet might like this' section...in that section there was a dwarf lionfish...i know you can't trust lfs' words, but most wont tell you that you can keep a gar with a goldfish...

gt1009

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 1, 2009
Wilmington, NC
Maybe a fu manchu lion. They stay only about 4 inches. I would just stay away from some of the larger dwarfs like the antenatta.

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
TheCanuck;4162223; said:
dwarfs can still get a good 8 inches and big enough to eventually eat those clowns. Whatever fits in their mouth.
the more i was reading on them the more and more it sounded like the clowns would get eatten...i may just wait till i get the larger tank and moray...then i will try a full sized lion like a black voltan...the one i was looking at was a dwarf zebra...

gt1009;4162224; said:
Maybe a fu manchu lion. They stay only about 4 inches. I would just stay away from some of the larger dwarfs like the antenatta.
i love how the fu manchu looks, but i think they are real agressive tward tankmates...from what i gatherd...

TheCanuck

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2009
DALLAS TEXAS
sbuse;4162273; said:
the more i was reading on them the more and more it sounded like the clowns would get eatten...i may just wait till i get the larger tank and moray...then i will try a full sized lion like a black voltan...the one i was looking at was a dwarf zebra...

i love how the fu manchu looks, but i think they are real agressive tward tankmates...from what i gatherd...

They are hard to keep alive as well. They are very hardy, but sometimes they just never adjust. Getting them to eat is very difficult.

Exodon Man

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 25, 2010
Maryland, USA
Most dwarf lions, such as the fuzzy dwarf and fu manchu, are primaily crustacian eaters. So if you have any expensive banded coral or skunk shrimp, they'll be the first to go.

But like any predatory fish, i wouldn't put it past them to try to eat any fish they can fit in thier spacious mouths. BE CAREFUL!

FLESHY

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Lions are some of the best pets in the saltwater side of things in my mind. Didnt have any fish ever that came close to the lion. Groupers, triggers, puffers...nothing was as friendly and loving as my lion. As far as the feeding goes, offer him lots of things, including live food if possible. Once lions learn to eat they are little piggies. Just make sure theres nothing in the tank that will harass them as their long finage not only makes them an easy target, but it also makes it harder for them to get away.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store