Educating MFK on the Silver Arowana (REVISED)

MilitantPotato

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2006
Missouri, USA
Hey del, I'm doing the book worm thing on aros ATM, after reading through 60+ posts, and 8 hours, this was by far the most informative piece of info yet. Thanks man.

kody1192

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 22, 2006
Illinois
finally we you needed to do a new one.....gald you finally got around to it im sure this will be very helpful....we need to work on one for the black mabye in 6months or so after havin mine awhile longer i will write somethin like this up grear job

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
Stuck :thumbsup:

rumblesushi

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2005
ENGLAND
Del, it's funny you posted that, I noticed exactly the same thing recently with the reflection.

2 sheets of glass underwater generate a mirror, if you look at the tank normally thorugh the front, the sides are mirrors. But of course they are not mirrors to the fish, they can see out of them. So can you if you look at the tank lengthwise.

I looked at the aro tank through the top with no cover, and on the patches of tank with no sand, there was no reflection at all, none, only the brown card underneath.

So this finding should conclusively prove that drop eye is at least not generated by bare bottom tanks. And if bare bottoms tanks is your thing, at least you don't have to worry about any fish staring at their reflection.

DeLgAdO

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2005
Chula Vista, CA (San Diego)
www.myspace.com
Del, it's funny you posted that, I noticed exactly the same thing recently with the reflection.

2 sheets of glass underwater generate a mirror, if you look at the tank normally thorugh the front, the sides are mirrors. But of course they are not mirrors to the fish, they can see out of them. So can you if you look at the tank lengthwise.

I looked at the aro tank through the top with no cover, and on the patches of tank with no sand, there was no reflection at all, none, only the brown card underneath.

So this finding should conclusively prove that drop eye is at least not generated by bare bottom tanks. And if bare bottoms tanks is your thing, at least you don't have to worry about any fish staring at their reflection.
agreed :thumbsup:

DeLgAdO

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2005
Chula Vista, CA (San Diego)
www.myspace.com
aw i want one so bad. but i would have to get a huge tank. maybe i could build one but thebn the lighting cost for a tank that size is huge. Maybe someday when i have my own house.:( :( :(
you dont really need lighting, its the least of your worries.

if the tank can get indirect sunlight that would be ok, enough to view your fish.

hey man, during the day my tank gets indirect sunlight so i dont even bother turning on my tank lights.

what do you live in and with who? parents? girlfriend? friends? apartment?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store