Finally Got Some Platinum Angelfish

Tropicalfishking

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2009
Seattle WA
I got them from a breeder that specialized in breeding Discus, Dwarf African Cichlids and Angelfish. It was amazing how many tanks he had.

He probably had 3 120's, 2 180's, 1 72, 30 20's, 15 29's, and a bunch of 10's. It was AMAZING, all in his 2 car garage. I forgot to bring my camera which is a bummer because it was AMAZING, Fish Heaven.

We swapped info and talked for about an hour.

But the real reason was so I could get some of the baby Platinum Angelfish that he has. He had about 30 of them. I got 5 for 6$, pretty good deal! I am really excited to get some other type of Angelfish other than my Gold and Zebra pair. Hopefully I will get 1 or possibly 2 pairs out this batch. But that won't happen for about 8 months:wall:.

I will update with pictures every now and then.

IMG_8645.JPG

IMG_8653.JPG

IMG_8662.JPG

IMG_8668.JPG

IMG_8670.JPG

IMG_8676.JPG

IMG_8677.JPG

IMG_8686.JPG

IMG_8688.JPG

Tropicalfishking

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2009
Seattle WA
The new Platinums made it through the night! No deaths... Aclimation went well I think. They ate crushed up bloodworms and flake this morning and are very well adjusted to the tank, I think.

IMG_8734.JPG

IMG_8747.JPG

IMG_8749.JPG

IMG_8753.JPG

IMG_8759.JPG

IMG_8768.JPG

Tropicalfishking

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2009
Seattle WA
Thanks! There are my favorite too!
I just noticed that on the "Day 1" Pictures the second picture down, that Platinum has now front fins... Is this a bad thing?? There is just one spine/fin line thing sticking strait out. Will He/She survive?

Tropicalfishking

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2009
Seattle WA
No... The guy I got them from was named Rob. I don't think I saw any flower horns, but a lot of discus and dwarf cichlids.

Tropicalfishking

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2009
Seattle WA
Thanks! What should I do about the one with no front fins, should I end it's life or let it grow up and risk it pairing up and passing on its genes....???

Kwazy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2009
Colorado
It really doesn't have fins? That's weird it's ok, it seems like angels use those more than any other fins they have...

I'm probably not as experienced with angel breeding as you are, but I know every batch has it's bad individuals no matter how nice the parents or siblings are.

I'd say don't put it down unless it's are suffering. In terms of keeping those genes out of the gene pool (very responsible, lots of fish breeders I know don't care enough to do that) you could just separate it if it tries to pair off with one of your other fish. You can keep it, just make sure it doesn't breed.

It might even be hard for it to mate, because think about how they attract mates and fan their eggs...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store