New Ray tank arrived today

Just Toby

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2010
Guildford UK
Hi Guys,

My new tank arrived today (Pics will follow at weekend)

The tank is 72X32(front to back) by 24 high.

The Sump is a brilliant design and fills most of the cabinet below.

I have it plumbed to waste and plumbed for fresh water (all done 2 yrs ago when I had my extension built)

All made by Seabray and supplied by Lynchford aquatics who made it a joy to order and turned up today to help me lift it in and plumb it up. (top blokes with loads of design input)

Finished in real wood veneers of light oak. (this cost a lot more but the finish is brilliant)

This will be home to my young Motoro and Pearl while they grow up...pond will follow.

Just Toby

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2010
Guildford UK
It should be around 1,130 litres (250 UK Gals or 300 US Gal) Including the sump at half full.

Just painting the back blue and plumbing up the 7 drilled exists and entries.

I have got an FX5 and 2 large eheims fully cycled on another tank packed out with Cichlids at the same target water parameters and I am going to slowly transfer over the media to seed up the sump and add some large fish at the same time to keep the bio load going before the Rays go in.

Pics soon.

Just Toby

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2010
Guildford UK
Sorry no pics yet, I have spent the whole weekend getting it running, I have moved over some mature filters and moved in a Fire Eel. I have also added Tetra aqua safe.

The sump is working brilliantly.

My Wife and I argued to get to the size we have and then yesterday she said "oh, you could have gone 6 inches wider" aaarrrggghh

The shop mentioned the other day that it was 72X3X3 and not 72X32X24 and with a measure up it is 6X32X32 whic gives a little more volume for the Rays.

spwd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 20, 2008
leicester,england
Sounds great mate,cant wait for the pics.
and can you explain how you have done the plumbing into your extension as we are hopefully building one in our extension but its mostly at planning stage so any info would be great.

steve

Just Toby

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2010
Guildford UK
spwd;4191976; said:
Sounds great mate,cant wait for the pics.
and can you explain how you have done the plumbing into your extension as we are hopefully building one in our extension but its mostly at planning stage so any info would be great.

steve
Hi Steve,

When we laid the floor (solid concrete) we laid in a waste water pipe (I used water main in 19(ish) mm, in hindsight I would put in something like 1.5inch for a faster drain. One method is to lay polystyrene in the concrete and then when everything has dried you pour petrol on the poly and it disolves leaving room for the pipework but we simply chased the pipe in and then refilled with screed.

The waste goes out near an air brick and simply waters a flower bed.

The fresh water comes in right next to the stop cock (lucky position) and this avoids any copper, I simply added a ball valve and then came off in plastic speed fit.

I then filter through a Koi filter which is a massive carbo filter but I still add Dechlorinator / Chloramine remover by dosing pump.

PM me if you need more info.

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
if you are thinking of having FW running in 24/7 chances are you will have the same problem I'm having

when you say a koi carbon filter i take it you mean a HMA

the problem I'm having it water from the tap is Ph 8.2 i can get the Ph down to 7 easy with seachem neutral Ph but it will rise back up to 8 within a few days

I'm trying to find a in line something that will lower the Ph but have not found anything yet

i have a 40mm drain pipe on mine at about 20inch on a 24inch deep sump and i just used normal flexl hose pipe of my main water that will make it easy to connect to the HMA filter

Steve stop messing around and get that tank made :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store