penguin not working

milkman407

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2006
in a house
... its a 30gallon filter on my 10 gallon tank. i put water in it. pluged it in.. and it was working fine and now 2 days later its not running... and i have no place to put my oscar... i have a lil air pump in there blowing bubles but i doubt thats enough.. any ideas?

cichlid_keeper91

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2006
Mesa, AZ
First of all You should really get a bigger tank for the oscar. They get about 14in. But you should prolly take it back if its not working.

JAK

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2006
mn
... its a 30gallon filter on my 10 gallon tank. i put water in it. pluged it in.. and it was working fine and now 2 days later its not running... and i have no place to put my oscar... i have a lil air pump in there blowing bubles but i doubt thats enough.. any ideas?
get a AC. is that a temporary home for your Oscar?

gomezladdams

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2005
gilboa,ny
Try jiggling the intake pipe up and down sometimes the impeller gets stuck on those

dr_sudz

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2006
Wiarton, Ontario
www.fishinabox.ca
Ya intake pipe. I always have problems with that. Tho I have found that the penguin is better then the AC I have right now on my 30 g. Everytime the power goes out the impeller sticks and obviously is not filtering the water like it should for my fish safty!

IceH2O

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2006
Rock Hill,SC
Ya intake pipe. I always have problems with that. Tho I have found that the penguin is better then the AC I have right now on my 30 g. Everytime the power goes out the impeller sticks and obviously is not filtering the water like it should for my fish safty!
If the AC is not restarting on its own its because you aren't rinsing out the filter enough. I find mine only does that if I don't rinse it out every couple of months.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store