$3,500.00 for a tank. Any ideas?

TankBuster

" I feel violated "
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2006
Glendora, Ca
Hope this is in the right area. Mid August I will have $3,500.00 to spend on a tank, I would like acrylic due to weight of glass. Anyone have ideas on a manufacturer? I dont need a perfect looking tank, becaus eI will be building small pikllars on the corners and building my own stand and canopy. I will be using it for saltwater and using overflows. I know Tenecor has beautiful tanks, but I would even go used if the price was right on a 900 gallon or so. Any ideas let me know. Thanks.

Blacksunshine420

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2006
WA
Hope this is in the right area. Mid August I will have $3,500.00 to spend on a tank, I would like acrylic due to weight of glass. Anyone have ideas on a manufacturer? I dont need a perfect looking tank, becaus eI will be building small pikllars on the corners and building my own stand and canopy. I will be using it for saltwater and using overflows. I know Tenecor has beautiful tanks, but I would even go used if the price was right on a 900 gallon or so. Any ideas let me know. Thanks.
Check Ebay. theres a company on there that is out of So cal that does custom work on LARGE tanks. and they are killing everyons pricing.
they have listed some huge tanks.

heres a link to a 860 they have listed. send um a email and see what they mightbe able to do for ya.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-860-GALLON-ACRYLIC-TANK-AQUARIUM-BUILT-TO-ORDER_W0QQitemZ170010043540QQihZ007QQcategoryZ20755QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
my suggestion is to not do salt (just a personal preference.....I know... lol)

TankBuster

" I feel violated "
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2006
Glendora, Ca
Rallysman, I used to have a massive reef tank and I couldnt move it to Texas with me so I had to pretty much give it away. I am dying to have another one but this time I am going fish only. My wife wants her rays so salt is the only way I can legally have a ray. I know its alot of work but I love it. I have my massive fresh tank and will get another huge one for my pbass soon. What keeps you away from salt? Besides the cholesterol?:) Any bad experiences?

TankBuster

" I feel violated "
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2006
Glendora, Ca
If I were to go with a 1000 g. I like the center overflow. Anyone have any comments on this style? Good or bad. I like the 360 degree viewing.

HarleyK

Canister Man
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2005
USA
Howdy,

$3500 for the tank only::WHOA:

If that budget is also used for filtration & equipment and fish, though, a 1k gal tank might be pushing it. I personally spend more money on quality equipment than on anything else ... just something to consider.

All the best,
HarleyK

beex215

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2006
usa
Howdy,

$3500 for the tank only::WHOA:

If that budget is also used for filtration & equipment and fish, though, a 1k gal tank might be pushing it. I personally spend more money on quality equipment than on anything else ... just something to consider.

All the best,
HarleyK
agreed.
mainly the filters that take up the total cost.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store