It wont stop with the Carp!

tommyd

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 25, 2010
Connecticut
I love how they said "lurking beneath the surface". It's a friggin Carp. Kids! Stay out of the water! The carp'll getcha! I mean, come on. That's ridiculous. The chance that that thing lives very long in Lake Michigan is slim. Pike, Bass. Its hard to believe that a single carp could cause that sort of destruction that they are fearing. Maybe when they find a steady flow of the species, THEN they can fret. But for now...wow. just wow.

mshill90

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2009
Mechanicsburg, PA
I think maybe you guys should watch the river monsters episode on these carp. I have nothing against carp, but they should really be controlled...

Carp Czar is a tad bit ridiculous though...

L021

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2009
Ontario CA
You guys haven't seen what they can do. I was raised near Hamilton Harbor, which is a part of Lake Ontario. The whole lake is infested with the beasts. They tear up root systems, killing massive amounts of plants. The vegetation in the harbor used to be so thick that you couldn't canoe through because you'd get stuck, now there are almost no plants left, which has effect on the entire ecosystem. They're not worried about the ponds, or pet owners, they're worried about the river and lake ecosystems that have already been destroyed having carp come over. There's a dam near where I live keeping the high concentrations of them away from the rest of the lake, where all fish coming through have to be lifted and approved. It's tragic what's happened here, and I wouldn't want it to happen to the American lakes. They can survive in Lake Michigan easily. They don't want them out of the trade, they want them out of the rivers. Don't quite get why they'd call him a Czar and not something like Carp manager though.
"or whether it reached the lake by swimming up the Chicago water system."

RUNE

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2011
St. Charles MO USA
I've seen them in the rivets, they will jump out of the water at you and quite easily knock you out of your boat.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store