new dogface puffer

Fish Finder

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2005
I picked up a new dogface puffer today. He came in with the reg dogface puffers. But he was far from different. Dark brown/black top and birght orange/bright yellow bottom. Here are the two best pic's i could get of him since he's being stubern. He is in mint condition even though the one pic the tail look's messed up(it;s perfectly fine and in mint condition). Got any idea what kind this is?

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
What size is this puffer? The yellow usually intensifies as the puffer ages. This is a fairly common color morph of the male Arothron nigropunctatus. This species grows to about 10".

Arothron nigropunctatus.jpeg

View attachment 1115113

Miles

Stingray King
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2005
Spokane, WA
You are going to attempt to spawn Saltwater Puffers in captivity? Have you ever spawned any puffers in captivity? From what I understand, it's incredibely hard. The fry are super-sensative, and its hard to find the right type of live foods to feed them at different stages of life. Should be interesting, keep us updated!

Fish Finder

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2005
he's about 5-6 inches came in with the reg dogface's at petco and you don't want to know what i paid for him. And sorry he's not for sale at the moment. He is curently living in my privite collection. But when i get tirred of him il let you know

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store