Stocking my tank and...

Zfishies

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2010
Milky Way Galaxy,
Hey guys this is my first time posting on Salt i tried another fourm but they were not the nicest of people, anyway i was thinking i could have a school of Clown Fish? i have a wave tank - 90gallons. I was going to try to have 10 Clowns and put them all in as babbies, would this work? so people say yes some say no. thanks!

FLESHY

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Clownfish will never "school", if you are lucky most of them will pair off into mated pairs. The only problem with that is that after that happens they become more aggressive and territorial. You couldnt do this with tomatos or maroons for sure.

Pazzoman

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2009
New York
You can probably get away with a school of tangs (Smaller ones) or a school of foxes.

Worst come to worse cardinals

perfect_prefect

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2008
iowa
school of firefish is always and option..... my baby pair of maroon clowns are super aggro about there territory and it is a large territory. stick with occels and percs if your gonna do anything but i would go with 2 of each of those and then get an assortment of other peaceful fish

Zfishies

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2010
Milky Way Galaxy,
How about a group of Percula clownfish or skunk clownfish? Would false percula clowns work also? And I have a 20gallon sump so filteration is allgood

perfect_prefect

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2008
iowa
there are plenty of diff kinds of schooling fish if thats what you want, but i wouldnt personally put in more than a pair of 2 diff kinds of clowns, you could do the clowns and a school of something else, get the best of both worlds, and hopefully you will see the paired up behavior of the clowns.

Gprime

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2008
Ottawa
Best schooling fish are probably chromis. Get about 6-12 of those if you want a tank with schooling fish in it. It's never advised to have more then 2 pairs of clownfish in a tank for territorial reasons.

I myself am wondering if you can have a pair of Ocellaris clowns with Pink Skunks in a 120g tank?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store