Will 2 Triggers and a Snowflake in a 75 gallon?

Deepsouth

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2008
Montgomery, Alabama
Will this work. I was thinking about a picasso trigger, niger trigger, and a snowflake. Would this be overstocking a 75 Gallon/

Heathd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2010
Dallas, Texas
Yea, I would say that is overstocking. I would also worry about the two triggers fighting with each other.

FLESHY

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Both of those triggers get to be huge. Check some facts on them. I would say you were looking at a 125g at least.

Deepsouth

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2008
Montgomery, Alabama
I heard that the triggers only get 8-10" each. I wonder if I can swap one of the triggers for a tang or fox face?

Heathd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2010
Dallas, Texas
I like to say that 1 inch of fish for every 5 gallons is a good rule of thumb. There are other circumstances to be taken into account too, but for a fowlr, I think it works.

Some people say 1 inch per 10 gallons in salt is the way to go, but I find that to be really limiting.

There are also other factors to take into account, like the maximum length of the fish and its ability to turn in the aqaurium, so depth should be taken into account, and the structuring of the live rock as well.

Triggers are cool fish, but i just dont care to keep them, ever. There are some that are considered mild when it comes to aggresiveness, but I hear horror stories of waking up one morning to find the trigger alive and everything else dead.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store