can a snowflake eel live in a pred reef tank?

BAYOU boy 437

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2010
louisana
always wanted a eel since i waz five years old nd have the oppurtunity to snatch one up from my lfs just wanna make sure it can live in my pred reef

Heathd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2010
Dallas, Texas
What do you have in your pred tank?

kdrun76

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2009
CT
Heathd;4269355; said:
What do you have in your pred tank?
A very important question to get the answer to. Also how big is the tank?

snyder810

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2008
Ohio
as far as the reef portion goes eels won't mess with your corals purposely, but their movement amongst the rocks will lead to loose corals getting knocked over so make sure stuff is glued down

BAYOU boy 437

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2010
louisana
okay heres my stock list: minitaus grouper,spotted grouper,red flag grouper,monsta maroon clown,2 hi hat drums,russels lion fish.

its not much of a reef but its gettin there. the tank is a 300 gall. i plan on thining out my stock soon prob gunna get rid of the drums and flag grouper

Heathd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2010
Dallas, Texas
BAYOU boy 437;4269440; said:
okay heres my stock list: minitaus grouper,spotted grouper,red flag grouper,monsta maroon clown,2 hi hat drums,russels lion fish.

its not much of a reef but its gettin there. the tank is a 300 gall. i plan on thining out my stock soon prob gunna get rid of the drums and flag grouper
It should be fine with the lion.

Depending on the size of the maroon and the size of the snowflake, the clown may become a snack. The groupers and the eel may also present a problem. And clean up crew that you may have will eventually get eaten if they pass in front of him or he can get to them.

Not sure about the drums.

BAYOU boy 437

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2010
louisana
Heathd;4269476; said:
It should be fine with the lion.

Depending on the size of the maroon and the size of the snowflake, the clown may become a snack. The groupers and the eel may also present a problem. And clean up crew that you may have will eventually get eaten if they pass in front of him or he can get to them.

Not sure about the drums.
Hmm i c the clown is goin in my 55 gal. when its done cycling.

i have plenty of room for him to hide i put a tunnel with pvc tht twist and turns and its burried under my sand ... i have seen people with groupers and snowflakes befor.

SalmonAfrica

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2008
South Africa
It can work, but in my opinion only on two conditions - the eel is quite large and the groupers aren't big enough to swallow the eel. Snowflakes don't tend to bother fish too much, but will eagerly eat mobile invertebrates.

snyder810

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2008
Ohio
unless it's an absolutely massive snowflake then the maroon clown would be fine with it as well. i mean if a grouper hasn't eaten it then the snowflake with much smaller mouth isn't going to

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store