hikari food sticks for salt?

FLESHY

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Might be okay...hikari is know to be a better commonly available fish food.

Heres what I feed MY fish:

Newlife Spectrum - This is the best food that money can buy.

Selecon enriched mysis shrim 3x a week.

Selecon enriched seaweeds via a clip - I keep several different kinds.

Live macro algae that I maintain in the tank...calurpa...dont remember what specie exactly.

My .02

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
FLESHY;4273506; said:
Might be okay...hikari is know to be a better commonly available fish food.

Heres what I feed MY fish:

Newlife Spectrum - This is the best food that money can buy.

Selecon enriched mysis shrim 3x a week.

Selecon enriched seaweeds via a clip - I keep several different kinds.

Live macro algae that I maintain in the tank...calurpa...dont remember what specie exactly.

My .02
i feed them now

newlife spectrum, brine shrimp, blood worms, market shrimp...i will be adding mysis shrimp...they feed on the algea and small bugs crawling along the rocks...they don't look like the copapods that i have seen in pics, but more like an earwig without the ass pinchers...i have flushed out a few shrimp like copapods from amongst the rocks though...

i just have some hikari food sticks and i will be getting some massivore so i was just tinking about throwing some in to add to their diets...

FLESHY

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
Central Wisconsin
You over achiever you...every time my brother visits and he sees me melting mysis with selecon he tells me how I am making their diet worse than if I was just feeding newlife. Its probably true, pretty amazing stuff.

Now I just have to get my new native fish on it. Had to get live for the little 1" bugger today. :D

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
FLESHY;4273623; said:
You over achiever you...every time my brother visits and he sees me melting mysis with selecon he tells me how I am making their diet worse than if I was just feeding newlife. Its probably true, pretty amazing stuff.

Now I just have to get my new native fish on it. Had to get live for the little 1" bugger today. :D
i just think they are like me...i can't eat the same thing day in and day out...hikari is amazing aswell...

my lil smallie to to fd blood worms right away...you might want to try that as a stepping stone to pellets...mine has just started biting pellets so it is just time now...

fishy12

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2009
ohio
I don't think there is a problem with hikari...

And you guys feed alot!!!

FLESHY

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Diversification is always good. :D

Got my smally to take a newlife pellet after I got offline last night! Excited, but plan on feeding the little guy more live bloodworms again today. All the other fish like them too...so I might actually intentionally setup another culture of them. :D

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
FLESHY;4275381; said:
Diversification is always good. :D

Got my smally to take a newlife pellet after I got offline last night! Excited, but plan on feeding the little guy more live bloodworms again today. All the other fish like them too...so I might actually intentionally setup another culture of them. :D
i agree that the more diverse of a diet you can give your fish the heathier it will be...

nice...my smallie has hit some food sticks, but not realy eatten them yet...it may have eatten some new life before, but idk if it is the same one that is left...they ate it when they were in the school...about half ate them, but idk if this one is from the half that ate them...

i have been giving the food sticks to the salt fish i have and they are all doing well and attacked them faster then they attacked anything else, including my sleeper golby...

FLESHY

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Well, if they like it thats half the battle. Now you just have to observe and see if coloration, vitality...ect is maintained. If so, then you appear to be in luck ha

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
the only thing i have noticed is that my male ocell clownfish has gotten blacker...at the same time he has been displaying for the female and they pic at a rock...idk if he is just saying "hay baby look at me!" or if it is something else...as he eats and acts normal...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store