Got 3 Clown Fish! 8D

Zfishies

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2010
Milky Way Galaxy,
Not really monster but got 3 Clowns and 3 Snails. Plan on adding a Maroon, and Bumble Bee Clown later on.(60galons) they dont seem intrested in those garlic pellets, well only 2 aren't. Any other stuff i can feed them?:nilly: Pics soon!:headbang2

Zfishies

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2010
Milky Way Galaxy,
and my LFS has a Dwarf Lion fish (Man-Shu something) what does he eat? my LFS told my guppies:irked:. can he eat silver sides? and Krill? and if i get a Dwarf Lion i would end up only adding 1 more Clown (Bumble Bee)

fishy12

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2009
ohio
fu manchu feed frozen shrimp octopus and squid scalops whatever just dont feed him freshwater fish its not healthy for them

snyder810

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2008
Ohio
Zfishies;4284934; said:
Not really monster but got 3 Clowns and 3 Snails. Plan on adding a Maroon, and Bumble Bee Clown later on.(60galons) they dont seem intrested in those garlic pellets, well only 2 aren't. Any other stuff i can feed them?:nilly: Pics soon!:headbang2
im not sure what type of clowns you got but i'm gonna assume occellaris?, in which case adding a maroon is probably a real bad idea because more than likely it'd bully the others relentlessly. also i've never ever heard of a bumble bee clown? by any chance do you have a latin name for it?

also give them some time to adapt, i'm sure they'll come around to pellets soon enough but maybe use some frozen plankton to get them eating.

as for the lion it may be use to feeders so you may have to use them for a bit before being able to ween it onto other foods, but lions can be converted to frozen, freeze dried, and even pellet foods. although my experience is with other species, the fu man chu may be more difficult as i've heard they are harder to maintain. also keep in mind that pending your clowns size now they could potentially be a meal, lions in general have very large mouths.

best of luck on the new addtitions.

Toxic Fish 9999

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 4, 2009
WI
fu man chu. they are cool but kind a hard to take care of i heard. the one he have at the shop we feed krill. he loves them.

Zfishies

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2010
Milky Way Galaxy,
snyder810;4285025; said:
im not sure what type of clowns you got but i'm gonna assume occellaris?, in which case adding a maroon is probably a real bad idea because more than likely it'd bully the others relentlessly. also i've never ever heard of a bumble bee clown? by any chance do you have a latin name for it?

also give them some time to adapt, i'm sure they'll come around to pellets soon enough but maybe use some frozen plankton to get them eating.

as for the lion it may be use to feeders so you may have to use them for a bit before being able to ween it onto other foods, but lions can be converted to frozen, freeze dried, and even pellet foods. although my experience is with other species, the fu man chu may be more difficult as i've heard they are harder to maintain. also keep in mind that pending your clowns size now they could potentially be a meal, lions in general have very large mouths.

best of luck on the new addtitions.
my clowns are about 3-4" and the Lion is about 4-5" this ok? & so no go on the maroon ill post a pic of a bumble bee clown (from google)and how long does it ushaly take to adapt him to frozen foods?. thanks man

fishy12;4284981; said:
fu manchu feed frozen shrimp octopus and squid scalops whatever just dont feed him freshwater fish its not healthy for them
i was mad when he told me that cuz it was such a pretty fish!:nilly:

thanks for all the feedback guys!

Zfishies

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2010
Milky Way Galaxy,
Toxic Fish 9999;4285037; said:
fu man chu. they are cool but kind a hard to take care of i heard. the one he have at the shop we feed krill. he loves them.
freeze dried or frozen? are they THAT hard? if so i dont think he is the right choice for me. by hard do mean by diet? or by Water Conditions etc.?

fishy12

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2009
ohio
they arent hard to take care of no harder then taking care of large fresh fish

y does everyone think salts so hard to take care of...

snyder810

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2008
Ohio
4" clown's would probably be fine with a same sized fu manchu but 3" with a 5" would probably pose a little risk. As far as how long it takes to switch them it's never taken me more than 3 weeks at the absolute max but like i said i have no experience with fu manchu's and i've heard they're trickier in general

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store