Best thing to feed Silver Barracuda?

lsky5101982

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2010
New London, Ohio
What would be the best thing to feed a silver barracuda? I hate to use guppies and goldfish for too long as they are nutritionally void. Would this fish eventually learn to eat silversides and shrimp from a feeding stick? I know the LFS has been stuffing him with goldfish the last month. Before you say my tank is too small I have already made arrangments with the local zoo/aquriam to take this from me when he gets too big

TheCanuck

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2009
DALLAS TEXAS
Yea you should be able to get him over to frozen foods. You might have to starve him and do the make it look like its moving tricks. Glad to see he is getting on a better diet. If he is young he shouldn't be to much of a problem. Starving fish can be hard, but don't give in, they can go for a bit.

fishy12

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2009
ohio
TheCanuck;4288187; said:
Yea you should be able to get him over to frozen foods. You might have to starve him and do the make it look like its moving tricks. Glad to see he is getting on a better diet. If he is young he shouldn't be to much of a problem. Starving fish can be hard, but don't give in, they can go for a bit.
+1

Heathd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2010
Dallas, Texas
TheCanuck;4289254; said:
The best foods would be fresh shrimp, squid, and smelt. You can stuff them full of new life spectrum pellets for added vitamins etc.
Pretty good idea...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store