saltwater newbie.

jerzyperson

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2008
Indiana
so after alot of research and TONS of reading, i have come to the conclusion that.. i have no idea what i am reading. i have got the cycling down, and well thats about it. no clue how to set a saltwater tank up, all the plumbing, stocking, and maintanance. if you would be so kind as to kind alay it out for me in a less confusing way. i have been doing research for 2 years on this matter and can't gather it enough to actually get a saltwater tank set-up. which i am dieing to do!

jerzyperson

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2008
Indiana
i have 7 freshwater tanks. and have kept a fish in nearly every family. and i want to throw in something else. i want to do saltwater. my mind is set. but i still don't know what to do.

Heathd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2010
Dallas, Texas
Yea, let us know what it is that you want to keep in the saltwater tank, and we can tell you what all you would need.

BAYOU boy 437

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2010
louisana
Dayvydp;4291377; said:
Salt Water is for noobs

Don't do it

Do something with fresh water fish

dude whats up with the saltwater haters ... You dont see saltwater fish keepers goin on freshwater forms nd sayin go s.w. nd making nega
tive comments against fresh water. so dnt do it on here

jcardona1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2007
South of Heaven
^ agreed. it's just stupid :screwy:

knox_rbp

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 29, 2009
Knoxville TN
usually I would totally agree with canuck but, this time I will only partially agree. don't buy the tank until you know what type of fish you want. There are plenty here to help you get an awesome tank going though. Are you wanting to do a predator tank with things like eels triggers and puffers or are you going more for the "nemo" style reef fish? what about coral?

jerzyperson

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2008
Indiana
i was thinking more along the lines of a predator tank,but with a miner reef/coral type setup just to kinda give it the homey feeling of saltwater.

Heathd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2010
Dallas, Texas
jerzyperson;4294054; said:
i was thinking more along the lines of a predator tank,but with a miner reef/coral type setup just to kinda give it the homey feeling of saltwater.
If you want predator, Canuck :naughty: is the guy to talk to.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store