Very Strange Regal Tang....

Pazzoman

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2009
New York
Hey Guys,

Well my cousin has a 60 gallon tank where he housed a 4 inch regal tang. It kept getting ick, maybe because he didn't quarantine him. He was going to bring him back and I said I would take him if he didn't want it. So e gave it to me, but warned me that he is a strange fish. Well I notice it's strangeness while I was keeping him quarantine in my 20 gallon tank. I added copper safe medications for safety reasonings before placing him in the 72. Well I notice he likes to lay between rocks and even lay completely on a rock. He eats like crazy and everything seemed normal. Well about a week ago I placed him in the main tank, using the drip thing. All seemed fine until now. It seems that he has white runny spots. Doesn't look like ick, maybe he have scratched himself with the rocks? I don't know what to do, should I quarantine him again? Also the only other inhabitants is two long nose hawkfish, clark clown fish, valentini puffer and a snow flake eel.

:nilly:Help Please:nilly:

TheCanuck

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2009
DALLAS TEXAS
Pazzoman;4292662; said:
Hey Guys,

Well my cousin has a 60 gallon tank where he housed a 4 inch regal tang. It kept getting ick, maybe because he didn't quarantine him. He was going to bring him back and I said I would take him if he didn't want it. So e gave it to me, but warned me that he is a strange fish. Well I notice it's strangeness while I was keeping him quarantine in my 20 gallon tank. I added copper safe medications for safety reasonings before placing him in the 72. Well I notice he likes to lay between rocks and even lay completely on a rock. He eats like crazy and everything seemed normal. Well about a week ago I placed him in the main tank, using the drip thing. All seemed fine until now. It seems that he has white runny spots. Doesn't look like ick, maybe he have scratched himself with the rocks? I don't know what to do, should I quarantine him again? Also the only other inhabitants is two long nose hawkfish, clark clown fish, valentini puffer and a snow flake eel.

:nilly:Help Please:nilly:
its common for them to have blotch spots around the tip of the nose and under belly. They are very weird fish, and yes that is what they do. Pictures would help, but those tangs will stop eating the second they get a little sick.

Pazzoman

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2009
New York
oh ok, well Im about to leave to work in a few min, tonight if i get my camera working I'll post pics...btw it was kinda boring with out you around to answer threads...lol

shua71

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2009
Los Angeles
TheCanuck;4292992; said:
haha thanks man, glad to be back
loooooool wb :D

And most the tangs i see at the LFS look dead like they got smashed by some rocks but what do you know alive as can be

Pazzoman

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2009
New York
Hey guys, well right now he is in my quarentine tank acting completely normal....eating and swimming as usual. I dont know if i should put him back in the main tank not only to keep my tank safe from lets say ick if he gets stressed but his safety.

FLESHY

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Did the "runny white spots" appear when you added him to the main tank? Because then it isnt a natural coloration thing and you should be worried...otherwise its like the canuck said and he is probably okay.

TheCanuck

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2009
DALLAS TEXAS
Pazzoman;4299288; said:
Hey guys, well right now he is in my quarentine tank acting completely normal....eating and swimming as usual. I dont know if i should put him back in the main tank not only to keep my tank safe from lets say ick if he gets stressed but his safety.
lol i like your sig :ROFL:

Pazzoman

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2009
New York
lol I see you you've read it.....that quote reminds everybody about that thread...lol. Well the tang is doing much better now in the quarantine, I placed some copper safe medicine in their for safety. It seems his skin is natural again, but I don't think Im gonna put him in the main tank...may just sell him.

snyder810

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2008
Ohio
how do the eyes look? if they're clear you oughta be alright since you've treated for parasites with copper, if they're cloudy could be flukes

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store