umm a lil hel here?

BAYOU boy 437

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2010
louisana
heyy saltwater ballers.lol
my spotted grouper(fred) has been brushing his side on of my rocks.

he is still grubbing out on food and swims perfectly fine and still acts like his normal goofy self... but i was curious with the side brushing should i put him in the hospital tank or just leave him in the show tank and keep a close eye on him.

i aprreciate all inputs..

FLESHY

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
Central Wisconsin
If you can QT him you might as well. Sounds like he is starting to get ich or another parasite. He is probably just trying to itch them off. It may be to late to keep the system clean of them because a stage of ich lives off of the host (like many other parasites) but it might be worthwhile anyways.

Good luck...best way to cure ich in my experience is water changes and a great diet.

BAYOU boy 437

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2010
louisana
ok man thnks for the info..

he is till eating he ate four piecess of chopped shrimp and two pieces of squid and a silver side this morning .. what he usually eats.

FLESHY

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
Central Wisconsin
I might try soaking your food...diet can be REALLY important when a fish is trying to fight something off. I use selecon to enrich my food, helped in my reef when my blue hippo started to come down with ich. Never really showed spots, only one or two maybe, but he was itching, so I did a water change, and I started feeding enriched algae everyday and he came out of it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store