Polychrus marmoratus (aka Monkey Lizard)

Conner

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2008
Kentucky
What do you guys think about these lizards? I have a glass viv that's 34" wide, 30" front to back, and 60" tall (I think). It's all glass with a screen top.

I've been trying to decide what to put in it, and I've been thinking more along the lines of a lizard than a snake or amphibian, and I stumbled across the monkey lizards here http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?cat=34&de=782719.

I'm not ready to purchase yet, as I still have some house work to finish, and then I'd need to get the viv ready with dirt, plants, water, and lights, but these seem like a cool, interesting species to keep.

Are they very difficult to take care of? Are they handle-able at all? Does anyone have any specific care information they could share with me to help with my decision?

I haven't been able to find a whole lot of care information online, other than they're highly arboreal, and will eat a variety of insects, including crickets and wax worms, and like high humidity.

I was thinking I could keep a group of 1.2, 1.3, or 2.4 in it, if its large enough for that many.

meghanashley

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2008
NJ
it's not in the link anymore, name sound pretty sweet though

snakeguy101

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2009
posting bail
I have never seen them before, sorry mate. Try finding a good care sheet online and let us know.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store