Filtration

EastBay

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 10, 2010
SF East Bay
Heck no! Really no such thing as "too big" in the world of saltwater! :)

In fact, both the skimmer and sterilizer probably do less than what they indicate. Most manufacturers fudge the number of gallons their products treat. Most marine experts will tell you to upgrade to the larger model, just to be safe.

You'll be fine with what you have.

Mysticshadows3

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 24, 2008
Lansing, Michigan
www.myspace.com
EastBay;4332364; said:
Heck no! Really no such thing as "too big" in the world of saltwater! :)

In fact, both the skimmer and sterilizer probably do less than what they indicate. Most manufacturers fudge the number of gallons their products treat. Most marine experts will tell you to upgrade to the larger model, just to be safe.

You'll be fine with what you have.
Thanks...I am getting a 40 watt uv sterelizer for $100 and a skimmer made for a 240 tank for $60. Found Good Deal! Thanks : )

shua71

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2009
Los Angeles
Mysticshadows3;4334759; said:
Thanks...I am getting a 40 watt uv sterelizer for $100 and a skimmer made for a 240 tank for $60. Found Good Deal! Thanks : )
Uhh I'm not 100 pct sure but I think a uv sterilizer overkill might be a bad thing. I know it is for corals

yogurt_21

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2009
AZ, USA
use the 75, for 1 it will be way easier when planning the overflows and 2 it will give more room for the skimmer some additional live rock and other equipment.

Mysticshadows3

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 24, 2008
Lansing, Michigan
www.myspace.com
don't get how I'm supposed to hook any of it up. At all. I don't get how the water is going to get in the tank or out of the tank.

Is the pump supposed to be a return pump and then I have to build an overflow? Is that the only way?

I don't get how a skimmer or UV works at all in a sump. I don't get it. I don't get how to hook it up. I don't get it at all.

How does the water get in the UV Sterelizer? It doesn't have pump. Is it connected to the skimmer? What the hell.

The skimmer's pump pumps water in the skimmer? and then what? It just goes back into the dirty water and gets all mixed up? What's the adjustable grey thing.

It seems like the clean and dirty wanter is just going to be all mixed together.

I don't get any of anything. I'm really stupid when it comes to mechanical stuff. The dumbest dumb person you'll ever meet.

Mysticshadows3

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 24, 2008
Lansing, Michigan
www.myspace.com
So I could build an overflow box to get the water in the sump and then use the pump you gave me to get the water out of the sump???

And then the skimmer pumps the water in from the bottom of the sump and then is a tube connected to the skimmer? What's the grey thing? is that where the water goes out or in??????????

And where does the water go in on the UV Sterilizer? Where the red thing is the water goes in or out and where the tube is the water goes in or out???

It seems like the dirty water will be mixed in with the clean water if the skimmer isn't connected to the uv

I don't get this at all....................Please draw me a picture in paint or something and send it to me where everything is supposed to be and the waterflow.

I'm really really stupid when it comes to stuff like this.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store