tank not clearing up

Luxauterna

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2010
Wisconsin
Hey all, I filled my 50 gal marine tank 4 days ago. I used seachem reef salt following the instructions for dosage. I also used Coralife live sand, 40lbs. I believe that the sand has settled, but the tank is still very cloudy. I'm waiting on my custom refugium to be built and shipped, so right now i just have a koralia pump circulating the water along with a aquaclear 70 without the bio media, just sponge and carbon. Any ideas? Should I just wait it out?

Kevin8888

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2009
Canada
Hmm, it should at least be starting to clear by now... which koralia is it? Is it possible that the powerhead is to close to the substrait causing it to be kicked up? Though sometimes it takes a long time for it to clear up.

Luxauterna

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2010
Wisconsin
The tank is more tall than long. Its more like a cube. The koralia is at the top of the tank angled towards the middle. I don't think its the substrate. I'm worried that the seachem salt is whats causing it. :/ I hope it clears up. I don't want to do a full water change.

TheCanuck

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2009
DALLAS TEXAS
Luxauterna;4335692; said:
hmm, alright, ill just let it sit for a few more days
bumping up the heat does a lot as well, and instant ocean salt i have had issues with clearing for almost 2 weeks. I am not sure about seachem. That sand i know for sure will clear in no more than 3 days

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store