Any types of groupers for 55gallons?

Zfishies

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2010
Milky Way Galaxy,
Hey guys just recently saw a grouper at my LFS they look kinda cool. Just couple questions, Are they reef safe? (i dont care bout my inverts i can move them to another tank), and the most important question what kind can i get? thanks guys... ohh and got rid of the maroons :);)

Heathd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2010
Dallas, Texas
groupers are not reef safe and there are no types of groupers that I know of that will fit in a 55. I think the smallest tank for the smallest grouper is something like a 150?

*Edit* I found a grouper that says it requires a minimum of a 70 gallon, but I dont buy that, as they are a very messy fish, and fully grown it gets to be a foot long, which puts it at a fourth of the length of the tank, just doesnt seem like it would be too incredibly happy. Not like we are talking about an eel where it naturally like to coil/s-curve its body.

Kevin8888

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2009
Canada
No, and what about your clowns?

Dude you gotta stop jumping around your stalking list, your stressing fish out unessisarily find something you like then buy it, stop trying to do anything and everything. Look around for a wile see what there is, then make choices as what to buy.

Zfishies

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2010
Milky Way Galaxy,
ok so what can i do?? dwarf angels i found out are not reef safe... my LFS gives me to much wrong info they said i can keep lionfish, tangs, & now they said i can keep a grouper so idk, and how am i stressing them out?

Kevin8888

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2009
Canada
Well I ment moving fish in and out of your tank never mind that. But anyways, there are lions you could put in a 55gal, dwarf lion would probably be fine, though they will eat shrimp and any fish they can fit into their mouths. Gobies, dottyback, chromis, cardinal, blenny... all those are reef safe and will be quite happy in a 55gal. That about sums up what you can do.

Zfishies

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2010
Milky Way Galaxy,
Kevin8888;4349729; said:
Well I ment moving fish in and out of your tank never mind that. But anyways, there are lions you could put in a 55gal, dwarf lion would probably be fine, though they will eat shrimp and any fish they can fit into their mouths. Gobies, dottyback, chromis, cardinal, blenny... all those are reef safe and will be quite happy in a 55gal. That about sums up what you can do.
they wanted to sell me normal lions, could i do an all cardinal tank? can you mix the brown and black and white ones up?

sahir99

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2010
dallas
groupers are reef safe with carefulness but i would't put my grouper in a reef and you can get really cool groupers at blue zoo aquatics go to fish then go to groupers and hamlets they only have one hamlet but they have awsome groupers like panther groupers v-tail groupers blue line groupers and a whole bunch more this is a pic of the website

http://www.****************/_advertising/blue_zoo_aquatics/display_ads/display_ad_103/display_ad_103.gif

so type blue zoo aquatics on google or a website and order groupers

Zfishies

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2010
Milky Way Galaxy,
TheCanuck;4350805; said:
why don't you just manage the fish you have.

Keep working on the 1800 gallon saltwater pond. Did selling your xbox not cover the cost?
Idk if your being a bag or being nice lol and am lining up the ducks before I take then plunge, and I sold my wii =\

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store