What anemone are these two ?

cichlidgirl

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2008
upstate ny
Hi bought what i believe is a condi and when i got home found the LFS had put in two anemone (they were stuck together).

The one i think is the condi has thick bright white tentacles and mouth with a orange/pink base or foot .

If you could confirm id for the condi and tell me what its "friend" is that would be so helpful. Im new to salt and dont trust the LFS labeling/ID's. Thanks.

Here is the "condi" i bought, upside down so you can see the base/foot area :

Here it is right side up:

The second "bonus one" has many longish transparent thin tentacles with a pastel green mouth (appears yellow with camera) and a white base with a orange foot in center.

shua71

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2009
Los Angeles
They both look like condis to me. Could be Long tentacle but i'm not too sure. The bonus one looks really bleached out so you should be careful with that. Hope you know what you're doing cause anemones aren't easy and condies don't usually get hosted as well by any clown.

cichlidgirl

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2008
upstate ny
Shua71,
Thanks for the feedback. I keep my water paremeters as close to text book as i can, do 10 percent water changes every 2 or 3 days and a 50 percent change every weekend. I also give the liquid suppliments they need. My only real concern as far as setup goes is if my lighting is good enough for them. I dont have a deep tank but it is 21 inches deep, I believe it is ok with my lighting but still reading up on them. Your right about the hosting. I know that the condi doesnt host any clowns. I think my maroons will host in bubbletip or long tenticled only. I live in a small town with hardly any selection but i was able to get a long tentacle for them in case they want to host in it (they dont even look at it LOL). I wanted a bubbletip for them but neither of my two shops carries them so i went with the long tenticle since they are reported to host maroon clowns sometimes. I also bought a pink haitian at the same time. Well, its good to know you think i got at least one condi out of the condi tank today at LFS. What is making me think the bonus one might be different is both the haitian and condi have white mouths and tentacles and this bonus one has a distinct circle of green/yellow color around its mouth and neither the condi or haitian have that (I believe the pink haitian is a species of condi). I will keep researching till i find one that has a colored mouth area with a plain white body. Thanks again for your advice. If anyone else has thoughts or even advice on anemone feel free to comment.

cichlidgirl

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2008
upstate ny
Oops, sorry i posted this in the wrong area. Didnt see the inverts and coral section. I will post future anemone questions in proper sub forum.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store