My most intense rescue ever: House Gecko on a glue trap

Bottomfeeder

Dovii
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Land of the flea and home of the whopper.
I went to the pet store to get some crickets, and I happened to look in the garbage pail for some strange reason. I felt compelled to. I saw some dead Goldfish, some aspen, etc etc. Then I saw a glue trap with some crickets on it. Then I saw a big House Gecko. I pointed it out to the employee, who said it was dead. I poked it, and it twitched! I told him about it, and he said that I will never get it out of the trap. I asked him if I could keep it, and he said yeah, go ahead. I got the trap home with the Gecko on it, put it on a snack tray in my room, and went to work. I used the dull end of a pocket knife blade to separate his skin from the glue, and the sharp end to cut the strings of glue that stretched from the paper to his skin.

And guess what?

And hour later, HE'S FREE:D

I'm soaking him in warm water to dissolve the tiny bit of glue residue off his belly and feet, and then I'll put him in a tank or something. One of his front feet, his toes are stuck together, and he lost some skin off one of his back legs, but otherwise, he looks GREAT, he's actually climbing up the container I'm soaking him in:D:D

knifegill

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
Oscar Tummy
Next time, just put the trap in shallow warm water without drowning the lizard and you won't have to tear skin off.

Cool story though!

Metalgearliquid2

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2009
NY
nice!!!!

thats incredible that you just happened to peek in the trash

:thumbsup:

give us some pics

Racersk

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2010
Covington
Very cool, good rescue efforts!

Pics please!

Bottomfeeder

Dovii
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Land of the flea and home of the whopper.
Thanks everyone! I'll have pics up in a bit. He's still soaking the glue residue away, which seems to be working because his toes are unstuck. He also darkened his color to match the black tupperware he's soaking in, which I guess is a good sign :D

Knifegill - I did that, but unfortunetaly he was very, very stuck, in fact his skin was flush against the glue paper, so soaking him wouldn't have reached his legs. Also, at that point, he could barely lift his head from exhaustion, and I was afriad that soaking him would drown him.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store