What can I do with my 29g?

PayaraMan

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2009
Where Palm Trees Grow
I've got a 29g laying around and I want to do something Saltwater with it, I'm thinking a reef tank with a fuzzy Lionfish and a Orange Toadfish but I wanted to see if anyone else has some better ideas, I want it to be a reef either way so if anybody could suggest some cool fish besides what I just said I would greatly appreciate it.

Heathd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2010
Dallas, Texas
Neither one of those fish will be whole heartedly reef safe.

Well, the toad might be, they arent very active, but if it were me and I wanted a succesful reef tank, I woulnt put them in.

PayaraMan

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2009
Where Palm Trees Grow
Heathd;4383606; said:
Neither one of those fish will be whole heartedly reef safe.

Well, the toad might be, they arent very active, but if it were me and I wanted a succesful reef tank, I woulnt put them in.
What I meant was reef as in corals, Not reef fish. I know they will eat any small fish, It will be just them alone in the tank unless I get a better idea for a reef tank with some little fish.

BlackShark11k

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2009
somewhere
PayaraMan;4383667; said:
What I meant was reef as in corals, Not reef fish. I know they will eat any small fish, It will be just them alone in the tank unless I get a better idea for a reef tank with some little fish.
You have to use reef fish in a reef tank with corals. Reef fish (reef safe fish) wiill not harm corals other may. He's saying the orange toadfish may harm corals.

PayaraMan

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2009
Where Palm Trees Grow
BlackShark11k;4383678; said:
You have to use reef fish in a reef tank with corals. Reef fish (reef safe fish) wiill not harm corals other may. He's saying the orange toadfish may harm corals.
The Canuck told me they both would do fine in a reef tank with corals...

BlackShark11k

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2009
somewhere
PayaraMan;4383680; said:
The Canuck told me they both would do fine in a reef tank with corals...
I'm not saying they would or wouldn't, your post seemed pretty confused as to what heathd was saying ;)

PayaraMan

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2009
Where Palm Trees Grow
BlackShark11k;4383682; said:
I'm not saying they would or wouldn't, your post seemed pretty confused as to what heathd was saying ;)
I really can't see how a toadfish would damage corals. But anyway still looking for ideas.

manlyfish

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2010
michigan
might nibble on them or knock them over? idk either

Kevin8888

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2009
Canada
Lionfish wont touch corals, toad fish wont either. Period. Though they mite poke them with a fin or "walk" on them lol and if the rocks are unstable they could be nocked over, but generaly speaking they are a non issue with corals.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store