Nano Cube 12DX or Bio Cube 8?

patrickd007

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2009
Huntington Beach, CA
It kinda has most todo with filtration, lighting, and condition its in. I have no experience with saltwater. Looking to set up a FOWLER then a reef. Only easy corals, like mushrooms.

Heathd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2010
Dallas, Texas
The DX would be the best bang for the buck would have been the DX since its larger and has better lighting, but since he used it for fresh, you would have to replace the PC lights with the right spectrum, which could get pricey.

I guess I would still do the DX if the price doesnt rocket in a bid war.

But you can build a 10 gal nano yourself for about 100-110 bones if either one of these become price inhibitive.

The PC lighting on either one would be fine for softies and morphs.

Kevin8888

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2009
Canada
I would say 12gals are very restricting, and 8gal even more so... there is very little you can put in them but if thats ok with you then go for it. So basicaly all you can put in are gobies, and corals that stay tiny, that being said its hard to maintain good water so you will want hardy corals, and hardy fish.

patrickd007

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2009
Huntington Beach, CA
You are probably right. That is pretty small. But I dont want to spend a bunch of money, anyone else. Which one is best. One is newer, but smaller. The other is larger, but used for over a year. I am planning to replace the pump anyway.

Kevin8888

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2009
Canada
I'd go with the larger, used doesn't really matter, either way you will need to get SW stuff for it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store