Picked up another tank.

Heathd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2010
Dallas, Texas
Tank has corals in it, most of which had yet to open when I took these pics. The zooanthids are starting to open. Most of them have lost their color as the previous owner told me he lost a majority of his live stock when his A/C went out for a few days.

For those of you not from Texas, we have had anywhere from 100 to 105 degree weather for the last twenty days, so it makes sense why it bit the bullet.

Its a 34g solana with 150w metal halide pendant. I havent really decided which way I am going to go with this tank. Not like I can go predator with it, so it might just be a nano-reef. Although I have thought about moving my sebae anemone into it after I make sure it doesnt go into mini cycle, and then adding a pair of sebae, saddle, or clarkii clowns in an attempt to get them to host it.

As far as live stock goes, he kept his true percs and all that remains are some conchs and mini brittle stars.

FLESHY

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Nothing quite like a dark room and a new tank is there buddy? I love that hazy blue light. Just picked up a pair of saddleback's today for $30...they are awesome fish man.

Heathd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2010
Dallas, Texas
SpJc11;4389325; said:
that has some huge potential for greatness!
Thank you.

FLESHY;4389343; said:
Nothing quite like a dark room and a new tank is there buddy? I love that hazy blue light. Just picked up a pair of saddleback's today for $30...they are awesome fish man.
What do you think my chances are of getting them to host my sebae? I have read that they need to be wild caught in order for it to even happen.

FLESHY

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
Central Wisconsin
I dont know...I quick checked with our sticky: http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162217

But not much help there. It did say that in the wild the sebae anemones hosted clarks...which I would say are SIMILAR to saddles. Both from the same genus. So if captive bred I would say there would be a good chance of them hosting it.

Heathd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2010
Dallas, Texas
Ok, I may just go with clarkis then. Thanks, didnt know we had a sticky up top.

FLESHY

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Thats cause its hidden in the seldom traveled invert coral LR area... Clarks are nice, I like to get them very dark though. Took me awhile to get the two I have now.

Heathd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2010
Dallas, Texas
My favorite clowns are maroons.

Im not going to be particular on clown coloration on this one, I just want to see some anemone lovin'

FLESHY

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Yea thats always cool. Maroons and BTA's are a pretty easy mix. I have a couple in my lab...its too bad you dont live in wisco, I could hook you up mad with all these deals.

Heathd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2010
Dallas, Texas
Well, I cant move to winsconsin right now.

Maybe you can move yourself and the lab to Texas? :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store