Clown trigger missing

RyanP

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2008
South
I havnt seen my clown in a week. Im starting to worry. The only tankmates are a niger trigger and a porcupine puffer in a 165G. Are they known to disappear in the rocks for that long? My wife wants me to move the rock work around and try to find him but i dont want to create a spike in the water shifting stuff around.

romosoldier

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2008
USA
when i had a 90g saltwater i had that problem, my undulated trigger dissapeared and i found him lodged in between rocks and he could get out. the first time i was able to save him, but the second time he died... =/

FLESHY

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Not seeing your trigger in a week is a bad sign. Depending on how big he is, you might want to search anyways. You dont want him rotting in your tank. Use this as an excuse for a big water change.

RyanP

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2008
South
Ive got two large caves/mounds in my tank. I took the top off both and i didnt see any signs of him. Ive got loads of snails and a couple hermits. It might be possible that they made quick work of him. Sucks though, he was a cool fish.

sammy77

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2009
midwest
I had something similar happen to me about 2 months ago. Its kinda weird, you'd think you might see a slight change in parameters? I moved everything in the tank to try to find him and came up empty. Fortunately for me he was just a clown. I never found a clue as to where he may have gone?

perfect_prefect

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2008
iowa
ive lost fish this way before, later down the road doing something with the tank found skeletons. i had a royal gramma that disappeared one day, 4 hours after seeing it looking fine i saw its skeleton, a pair of xl coral banded shrimp had cleaned it to the bone in that time. also had about 4 other fish go missing that i never saw again. started calling it the tank of death.

FLESHY

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
Central Wisconsin
My rectangulus trigger that I bought the other day pulled the same stunt. He came in really rough shape, and surprisingly after listing for almost an hour he started to explore the tank and eat voraciously. No sign of him since the first day though. Maybe hes scrounging on live rock or something...but I bet he is dead. :(

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store